Choose style:

Author Topic: Visibility of firmware roadmap?  (Read 10290 times)

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Visibility of firmware roadmap?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 09:11:00 am »
Gonna be a silly question, but if the screen has never shown the contact switches as closed, are you sure you have the two pieces close enough when the door is closed to trigger a closed state?  Can you take them off the doors, touch the sensors together and verify if the almond updates to a closed state? 

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 09:13:06 am »
But back to the original question, is there a roadmap for major functionality releases?  For example, is home automation planned for the next release, or the release after that, or the one after that?

LGNilsson

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 09:50:58 am »
I meant our included instructions, not the paper in the box, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Offline elav

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 12:21:08 pm »
Gonna be a silly question, but if the screen has never shown the contact switches as closed, are you sure you have the two pieces close enough when the door is closed to trigger a closed state?  Can you take them off the doors, touch the sensors together and verify if the almond updates to a closed state?
Blueiris8, I hadn't mounted them yet.  I was testing them for the first time and there is a "tamper" switch inside the device that gets depressed when you put the battery cover on.  As I was testing the units for the first time, I had the battery cover off (because I just synced them) and for some reason the behavior I was seeing is what you will get when you close/open the connection with the tamper switch not depressed (e.g. battery cover off).  I'm not new to routers but I am new to ZigBee.  Even reading the instructions I'm not sure I would have figured this one any faster.  Great support here though!  Thanks!

Offline vince1612

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 06:11:10 pm »
4 of the window/door sensors will connect, but always show "open" as the state.  If I open the connection the tamper comes on and this will work consistently if I reset the tamper warning, but it always displays open.  UPDATE - I just discovered that this is the behavior if you leave the battery door off and the tamper button isn't depressed.  For some reason it always shows "open" and the tamper is activated when you remove the magnet.  Pressing the tamper switch in the window/door sensor fixed this issue!

Thanks so much, I was actually delaying the installation of my window/door sensors these past few weeks thinking that the sensors were not working with the current version and that it would be fixed in the R067 update...

I will try again closing the battery compartment this time :)

Offline elav

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 06:22:02 pm »
Thanks so much, I was actually delaying the installation of my window/door sensors these past few weeks thinking that the sensors were not working with the current version and that it would be fixed in the R067 update...

I will try again closing the battery compartment this time :)
Just stick your finger on the black switch that lines up with the "X" peg on the battery door (or just install the battery door as you stated).  You make me feel better that I wasn't the only one!

LGNilsson

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 06:08:09 am »
We do have a guide in the Wiki as well for adding sensors - http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=How_to_add_Securifi_ZigBee_sensors_-_Almond%2B_2014
I did actually update it yesterday and I further updated it just now to make this even more clear.

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck