Choose style:

Author Topic: Please add support for more Fibaro and Aeon labs Z-wave devices  (Read 11699 times)

Offline sfalc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Please add support for more Fibaro and Aeon labs Z-wave devices
« on: September 19, 2014, 09:12:45 am »
Fibaro and Aeon labs devices (Aeontec) are popular here in Sweden and in the Nordic countries. 
Please add support to more of their different devices.  :)
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

LGNilsson

Re: Please add support for more Fibaro and Aeon labs Z-wave devices
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 10:52:23 am »
Specifika modeller tack...  ;)

Offline uchuff

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 07:17:44 am »
They are popular here in the UK too. I'm particularly interested in:

- The Fibaro FGD-211 universal dimmer (including using it with a second switch to control another Z-Wave device)
- Either the Fibaro FGMS-001 motion sensor or the Aeon Labs Multisensor

(Hope the Vesternet links are ok, I have no association with the company, it's just where I have the devices & guides bookmarked).

NB: I haven't purchased any of these yet so can't confirm if they do/don't work already (but happy to if that would be useful)

Offline MaviaX

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 02:46:54 pm »

Hi Lars, the following two multisensors would be fantastic to operate fully on the almond:

Fibar Motion Sensor, FGMS-001
Fibar Group Smoke Sensor, FGSS-001

Also for the people with heat inverters, the hardwarestore Clas Ohlson in scandinavia will soon launch up to ten z-Wave products, among them the Remotec-ZXT-120 IR extender for airconditioners, wich would let the almond control almost ANY heat inverter or IR operated home appliance.

And in the future why not add suppurt for every Z-Wave device in http://products.z-wavealliance.org/

Should be done inna flash :-)

Best Regards / Takk ;-D

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 12:29:37 am »
I'm afraid that we don't have either of those two. The smoke sensor might work, as we have support for Z-Wave smoke sensors, but Fibaro seems to be doing things their own way which makes it even harder for our software team to add support for their sensors.

We've looked at the IR extender, do you know how it works? Does it have internal IR codes? The hard part here is to make a UI for it and I'm curious as to how something like Vera or any other Z-Wave gateway handles it.

Interesting that Clas Ohlson will start selling Z-Wave devices, at least a few of them appear to be from Vision and we support many of those already. The other products appear to be from Philio (TKB Home) and we have support for some of them already, like the binary on/off switches. When I was back home last, I only saw a bunch of very expensive 433MHz devices on sale there and a lot of them looked very cheap in terms of quality. At least this way there'll be easy access to some sensors for Scandinavian and UK backers/customers, but they're quite expensive I have to say.

If it was easy to support every device, don't you think we would? Even Vera can't claim that they support every single Z-Wave device out there. On our case, we need to not only just add support for the sensor/device itself, but we also have to create a UI for the LCD, one for each of the mobile apps, one for the local web UI and one for the cloud UI, although the last two carry over somewhat. That's why it takes some time for us to support all the various sensors types and we'll most likely never support everything, as it simply won't make sense for us to do all this work if only one of our customers own a specific sensor.

As I've stated elsewhere, we're not trying to be Vera, but we want to at least be able to support most of the popular sensors out there, but it's going to take time. We're adding support for new device classes in pretty much every firmware release and basic sensors should work just fine. The issue with multi-functional sensors is that there's no way for us to find out what the additional features are and as such we're working on a UI update where you get to manually select the other parts based on our best guestimate of what the sensor/device might be.

Anyhow, we have a lot of work to do, but expect things to improve of the next few months.

Offline MaviaX

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 11:49:27 am »
Thanx for a informative, solid and swift reply Lars, it makes everything a bit easier to understand from securifi's perspective. And congrats on delivering to over 99% of Almond+ Backers! Then I'll keep a keen eye on the list for supported devises.  Looking forward to future firmwareupdates, keep up the good work :-D

Best regards :-)

Offline sfalc

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 09:54:35 am »

Då önskar jag mig stöd för Fibaro FGS-221  :)
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

LGNilsson

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 10:38:08 pm »
I'll see what we can do, but it's going to take some time as we have a bunch of other things lined up first.

Offline sgoodliff

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 04:23:10 pm »
Hi,

my almond+ finds this and shows the motion sensor component of it. +1 for getting the other bits working as well

http://www.fibaro.com/en/the-fibaro-system/motion-sensor

LGNilsson

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 01:11:50 am »
I guess that works with our generic Z-Wave PIR support.
I'll have a chat with Fibaro again and see if we can get some more samples from them.

Offline sgoodliff

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 03:42:03 am »
If there is any data I can capture to help let me know what to do

Thanks

LGNilsson

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 04:28:28 am »
Not really, the problem with these is that they're multi-functional sensors and we need to create UI's for them. This isn't a 5 minute task, even after getting our hands on the sensors.

Offline sfalc

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 09:21:28 am »
I'll see what we can do, but it's going to take some time as we have a bunch of other things lined up first.

Ingen brådska, all in good time etc.

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.