bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Can't connect to a friend's game server because of an Almond feature  (Read 4335 times)

Offline iEclipse

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I've just recently purchased the Starbound Beta and I am unable to connect to my friend's server. However, when I borrow my neighbor's internet, it works perfectly. This led me to believe there must be a problem with the router (firewall block, or something of the sort). The ports that the game uses are 21025-21027 TCP & UDP. Is there some kind of integrated firewall that blocks certain types of connections? If so, how can I disable it?

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Can't connect to a friend's game server because of an Almond feature
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 08:12:14 am »
I've just recently purchased the Starbound Beta and I am unable to connect to my friend's server. However, when I borrow my neighbor's internet, it works perfectly. This led me to believe there must be a problem with the router (firewall block, or something of the sort). The ports that the game uses are 21025-21027 TCP & UDP. Is there some kind of integrated firewall that blocks certain types of connections? If so, how can I disable it?

I know of no such restriction or firewall activity in the Almond that would be causing this.  Have you enabled this required Port-Forwarding within the  Almond WebUI? 

[

What does your Port Forwarding (Forwarded Ports) screen look like? 

(This Forum does permit you to add images to messages just as I have.  I personally upload my images to TinyPic.com,  and include the provided Forums code with my messages to accomplish this.  For example to include the above image in my message I simply included the following code within my message): 

Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/24cgzk9.jpg[/IMG]
Simply "click" on the images to see them full sized.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:16:03 am by Patrick Wilson »
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.