bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond shows connection to internet but computer repeatedly fails to load pages.  (Read 4334 times)

Offline CatClick

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I got my Almond today from Amazon and was so excited. I hooked it up and went through the wizard to get it set up. Setup was SUPER easy.

However, that's where the joy ended.

I got my computer connected to it and then even though the router said I was on the internet, and my computer said I was connected to the router my computer failed to load web pages. It seemed to keep dropping the internet even though the computer said it was connected. The few times I DID get something to load it was VERY slow in doing so.

I do not want to have to go through returning this but I really had high hopes for it.

Can someone tell me what could possibly be going on??

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I got my Almond today from Amazon and was so excited. I hooked it up and went through the wizard to get it set up. Setup was SUPER easy.

However, that's where the joy ended.

I got my computer connected to it and then even though the router said I was on the internet, and my computer said I was connected to the router my computer failed to load web pages. It seemed to keep dropping the internet even though the computer said it was connected. The few times I DID get something to load it was VERY slow in doing so.

I do not want to have to go through returning this but I really had high hopes for it.

Can someone tell me what could possibly be going on??

Hi CatClick,  and welcome to the Securifi Forums.

We'd be glad to help you,  but unfortunately you haven't provided us with very much information to work with.   

You have told us that you've setup your Almond,  and that you've used the Wizard to connect to the Internet.  Unfortunately this is where the information stopped.  Please answer the following questions:   

• What operating system (including version)  is installed on the machine that you are having problems connecting from?
  • Which operating mode are you attempting to setup on the Almond?
    • Router -or-
    • Access Point -or-
    • Range Extender ?
  • Is your ISP's  modem connected to the Gray WAN Port?
  • Are you attempting to connect to the Almond via Wi-Fi or via an Ethernet (wired) connection?
  • What is the internal IP address of the Almond?

(You can find it one the Status screen of the TouchUI)
  • What is the internal IP address of your PC?
  • Is your PC setup to gets it's IP address via DHCP or by static assignment?

Perhaps if you told us more about your attempted configuration,  and issues you are experiencing we'd be able to help you more effectively.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:45:33 pm by Lars »
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.