Choose style:

Author Topic: R069 Firmware disappointment  (Read 12652 times)

Offline skchua

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: R069 Firmware disappointment
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 01:54:22 am »
@fr0gpil0t @Roger:
I've been using my Almond+ in AP mode, upgraded from R066 to R069, AP mode remains enabled, as Lars had pointed out.

That said, however, I'm still having problems with app updates on iOS devices...downloads need to be retried multiple times. On my iPad Air (iOS 8.1) for example, I found that it was just impossible to download the iMovie app (613MB file size) at all, have to fall back to using my ISP-supplied router's wireless. For some reason, the Almond+ wifi works slightly better with my iPhone 6+, also on iOS 8.1, as I'm able to download app updates (including iMovie) with noticeably fewer retries.

Offline cmccallu

• Backer
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 06:53:27 am »
+1 with update issues from all our family IOS Devices + Macs. Seem to work OK on my Nexus 5 phone tho

Cheers
Chris!

Offline Fredrik

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 12:28:55 pm »
You can still turn it on/off in the web UI, but due to some people seeing garbled packets, we decided to remove it for now from the LCD UI, but it'll be added back, no worries, we just need to address the issue first and we have a fix. The issue is that it's quite complex and time consuming to fix this issue, so we're going to release it alongside the new Wi-Fi drivers, as the two are sort of connected.

Lars two questions.

Does the same garbled packets problem exist in R066? I am currently on that version and was considering upgrading.

Related to this, how far away would you guess the new firmware with new wifi-driver is? Are we talking daya, weeks, months?

Offline jweston

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 08:38:29 pm »
I'm pretty sure that i read in many posts that the issues with wifi would be fixed with new wifi drivers which R069 does not have, in saying that they were releasing a beta version firmware end of last week which has the new wifi drivers but no wifi extender. Question is when are we to expect the beta firmware with the new wifi drivers as there seems to be no comms made about that.

LGNilsson

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 09:54:59 pm »
R069 is a bugged fix version of R067, that's all.
The new Wi-Fi driver and the fix for the garbled data is coming in the next release, guaranteed this time around and we've started testing things internally already and it's looking good. As promised, we'll release a public beta version which I hope we'll release by early next week.
Apologies for the confusion about the driver versions, but we had a few bugs, so the versions progressed a bit quicker than expected.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:59:11 pm by Lars »

Offline burnz

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 02:20:26 am »
any news about a release date?

LGNilsson

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 02:51:55 am »
We should be releasing a beta version for the beta/dev backers this week and if that's good, we'll release a general beta version that everyone can test sometime next week.
We're a bit cautious with this release as we've had a few too many issues recently, so we want to make sure there are no major problems with this one.

Offline Mr Bacon

• Peanut
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 12:57:08 pm »
We should be releasing a beta version for the beta/dev backers this week and if that's good, we'll release a general beta version that everyone can test sometime next week.
We're a bit cautious with this release as we've had a few too many issues recently, so we want to make sure there are no major problems with this one.

Sadness, was really hoping to see that wifi driver this week. Oh well, if that's what it takes to make sure things are working then by all means.  ;)

Offline KT

• Backer
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 01:33:10 pm »
Is it to early to ask for an update on the beta firmware release?

LGNilsson

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 09:22:24 pm »
Sadly we found a couple of bugs we need to fix, but we know what they are, so it won't take too long to fix.

Offline agiannot

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 07:24:07 am »
Hi Lars, any updates for the samba fixes?  I have 2 USB harddrives connected to the Almond+ and from a Windows7 PC, accessibility is working fine, but I need to read / write files from my MacBook Pro.  With the MacBook, I get a "no available space" error each time I try to write files to the USB harddrives.  On another thread someone mentioned updating the samba.conf on the Almond+ to not use the default mounts.  I think this can be done through the web api mount tool, but that isn't 100% clear either.  It seems that you have to reboot the Almond+ for any additions/removals on that setting to take.

Is there a work around for the Samba problem?  And if there is, could you provide instructions for that work around?

Offline JesseD

• Backer
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 02:12:59 pm »
I look forward to using the new drivers.  I really only have major issues with iphones and ipads.  Sometimes on my Xbox as well.  The issues I experience are eventually, the internet gets slow on those devices.  Usually rebooting the router works.

WIth the delay in the current firmware, are we looking at months until Home Automation comes around?  I love my Almond+ and I understand there is a wait associated with being an early adopter so Im willing to wait but my main reason for getting the Almond + was for home automation

LGNilsson

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2014, 12:30:43 am »
Hi Lars, any updates for the samba fixes?  I have 2 USB harddrives connected to the Almond+ and from a Windows7 PC, accessibility is working fine, but I need to read / write files from my MacBook Pro.  With the MacBook, I get a "no available space" error each time I try to write files to the USB harddrives.  On another thread someone mentioned updating the samba.conf on the Almond+ to not use the default mounts.  I think this can be done through the web api mount tool, but that isn't 100% clear either.  It seems that you have to reboot the Almond+ for any additions/removals on that setting to take.

Is there a work around for the Samba problem?  And if there is, could you provide instructions for that work around?

Afraid not  :-\ :-[
It's not a priority at the moment, we need to fix these other things first.

LGNilsson

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2014, 12:33:15 am »
I look forward to using the new drivers.  I really only have major issues with iphones and ipads.  Sometimes on my Xbox as well.  The issues I experience are eventually, the internet gets slow on those devices.  Usually rebooting the router works.

WIth the delay in the current firmware, are we looking at months until Home Automation comes around?  I love my Almond+ and I understand there is a wait associated with being an early adopter so Im willing to wait but my main reason for getting the Almond + was for home automation

The driver team and the home automation team are separate, so the one doesn't affect the other. As I explained in another thread, we don't have an exact release date for the HA stuff yet, but progress is being made and we're at a point where most things work, we just need to add support for more sensors/devices and do more testing to make sure everything works as intended. Timers are there and are mostly working as well. I'll post a blog post with more details once we're ready to share more details and I'll also be updating the Wiki with instructions once we're ready to launch.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck