bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Vision door sensor not working with Almond+ despite being on official list  (Read 5832 times)

Offline sfalc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I can't get a Vision ZD2102 magnetic door sensor to work with my Almond+ with firmware R69. It can be added and the tamper sensor works, but the magnetic open/closed detector doesn't seem to work. Whenever the magnet triggers the sensor the led lights up alright, but the status on the Almond+ is not changing! I.e the state of the sensor is always seen as open on the Almond+
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

LGNilsson

Re: Vision door sensor not working with Almond+ despite being on official list
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 09:57:37 pm »
Try removing and putting the battery back in. It's a bit of a glitch that we're working on fixing.

Offline sfalc

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 05:37:12 am »
Well it doesn't work, or to be precise, if the battery is removed and reinserted, the tampered state is sent and detected by the Almond+ along with the current state of the sensor. So if the sensor is in the closed state and the cover is removed, the state changes to closed and the tamper state is trigged. Even this works unreliably.
But please, in the future do not add sensors to the "Official list" if they are not fully supported, unless it is explicitly stated what functions are supported. Otherwise you'll unnecessary annoy your customers. 

On a more positive note, the Vision PIR/temp detector works perfectly, the motion state changes as expected and the temperature is visible in the Almond+ physical UI.
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 07:36:56 am »
That's really odd, as I have one on my desk that works flawlessly.
We're aware that there are an issue with some of them and we have a planned fix for it which I hope will be in the next firmware release. Normally removing and reinserting the battery fixes that problem though.

Offline sfalc

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 01:10:54 pm »
Oh good! It is currently very unreliable, the Almond+ only recognises state changes in an erratic fashion.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.