Choose style:

Author Topic: IP Address Conflict  (Read 5940 times)

Offline kibod712

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
IP Address Conflict
« on: December 17, 2013, 02:35:41 pm »
My almond is set up as a range extender and I have quite a few devices hooked up to it. it is only allowing only four devices to hook up at any given time. Any time an additional device attempts to hook up, an IP address conflict error message is given. I've gone in to the web UI and attempted to alter the setting to allow more users but every time I click an option it gives me the following error message: "This Function is not available in Range Extender mode. Press OK to view Home Page" and does not allow me to alter any settings. How do I allow more users in range extender mode?

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: IP Address Conflict
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 03:22:27 pm »
My almond is set up as a range extender and I have quite a few devices hooked up to it. it is only allowing only four devices to hook up at any given time. Any time an additional device attempts to hook up, an IP address conflict error message is given. I've gone in to the web UI and attempted to alter the setting to allow more users but every time I click an option it gives me the following error message: "This Function is not available in Range Extender mode. Press OK to view Home Page" and does not allow me to alter any settings. How do I allow more users in range extender mode?

In Range Extender mode (or Access Point mode for that matter),  DHCP services etc are still provided by the main router.  Any IP address conflicts that are  occurring, will be happening  at the main Router.  (This is why these features are "disabled" on the Almond in this mode of operation).

Check your DHCP settings on your unidentified main Router.  Also check to ensure that all your "Static IP" configured devices on your network (if any) are allocated IP addresses outside the DHCP Pool defined in your main router (this will ensure that IP conflicts are impossible).  I personally have all my devices setup to use DHCP;  I simply use the DHCP Reservation capabilities of my main Router,  to ensure my devices are always provided the same IP addressNetmaskDNS Servers,  and Gateway address via DHCP (from the main Router) every time they connect to either my main Router or my Almond. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 03:46:26 pm by Patrick Wilson »
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 17 queries.