Choose style:

Author Topic: Routing broken after upgrade from R66 to R69  (Read 3018 times)

Offline the_unlord

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Routing broken after upgrade from R66 to R69
« on: November 17, 2014, 03:30:52 am »
I upgraded from the R66 to the R69 firmware, and routing didn't work anymore. The Almond+ itself could still connect to the internet, and my PC (wired connection) could still connect to the Almond+ http interface, but no device behind the Almond+ (wired and wireless) could connect to the internet.
I backed up the settings, did a factory reset and recovered the settings, and then it worked again.
Settings migration issue, maybe?

LGNilsson

Re: Routing broken after upgrade from R66 to R69
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 04:08:37 am »
Thanks for the heads up. We've seen it on a couple of  units, but a simple reboot seem to have solved it in most cases.

Offline the_unlord

• Backer
Re: Routing broken after upgrade from R66 to R69
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 03:20:14 am »
I had it again yersterday, without upgrading.
The only thing I changed was adding a port forward for port 80 outside to port 1194 inside to my NAS (running a VPN server).
The forwarding didn't seem to work, but then I found routing was broken again (which might explain why the forwarding didn't work). I removed the rule again and rebooted and routing worked again. The previous time, I had also added the forward shortly after upgrading, but by factory resetting and recovering my settings, the rule got wiped again.
I haven't had time to repeat it and narrow it down yet.
Could it have something to with the fact that the HTTP interface is running on port 80 (LAN side), and that trying to forward port 80 from WAN side somehow interferes?

Offline the_unlord

• Backer
Routing broken after forwarding port 80
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 02:50:07 am »
OK, I tried it again yesterday, and indeed: as soon as you add a port forward for port 80 WAN to something inside (port 1194 in my case), routing is broken. Removing the rule and rebooting the router solves the issue.

I really need this to work! Can I change the port the HTTP interface is listening on?

BTW: is there a way to reboot the router from the web interface?

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck