Choose style:

Author Topic: USB Hard drive issue  (Read 11510 times)

Offline AlanLawton

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
USB Hard drive issue
« on: November 18, 2014, 03:18:17 pm »
I installed R067 prior to it being pulled and since then, every time I reboot the Almond+ the name of the mountpoint for my USB drive is incremented by _1.  It was originally /mnt/usb/BackupDrive.  After a reboot it would change to /mnt/usb/BackupDrive_1, then after another reboot it would be /mnt/usb/BackupDrive_2 and so on.  Shortly after I discovered this, R069 was released.  I installed this and I was back to /mnt/usb/BackupDrive.  All fixed... until I rebooted...  the behavior has persisted.  Has anyone else had this happen to them, and is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks in advance. 

LGNilsson

Re: USB Hard drive issue
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 10:32:27 pm »
Not something I've seen, but I'll test it and get back to you. I've also informed our software team about this issue.

Also, what drive are you using?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:02:17 pm by Lars »

Offline live

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 02:50:18 am »
I can confirm this issue. Sometimes it doubles even the subfolders.

I use two different kind of disks, both are USB3.0:
- WD Essential 3TB
- Icy Box case with 4TB WD red

Doesn't seem to depend on the manufacturer.
I have SAMBA activated and also tried a USB3.0 hub once.

Is there a quick fix (script) to clean the entries?

Offline AlanLawton

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 08:46:03 am »
It is a Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1TB USB 2.0

I don't know if this is related or not, but it has always showed up as having no free space.  It lets me write to it fine, but shows full on Windows 8.1.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:56:32 am by AlanLawton »

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 10:52:07 am »
That it shows up as full is a bug that we need to fix, but haven't gotten around to yet, you can still write to it just fine from Windows.
The other issue is a new bug though that I haven't' seen before, but it's been reported to the software team.

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 02:12:23 pm »
.... R069 was released.  I installed this and I was back to /mnt/usb/BackupDrive.  All fixed... until I rebooted...  the behavior has persisted.  Has anyone else had this happen to them, and is there anyway to fix it?

This is happening to me with R069 and Windows 7. The drive is a Seagate 1TB USB expansion drive. When I try to delete the extra folders, which are empty, I get the message that I am not authorized to do so.

Any fix imminent?

Elliott

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 08:18:57 pm »
Next release.

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 08:26:40 pm »
Thanks.

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 07:47:19 pm »
I seem to be able to access my SMB shares on my usb hard drive after upgrading to r069cb.  I have the FTP off by default, but if I enable it I can successfully see the drive from there.  I'm not seeing anything at all showing up on the network area for \\almondplus or my ip, and my mount is staying inaccessible. I also see the mount under mount points as /mnt/usb1_2 as it was before.

Also, if I try to toggle the servers, it appears to just mess up my access to the internet until I reset the router.

Any ideas?

LGNilsson

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 12:22:52 am »
Huh? You can access them, but then you can't? I'm sorry, but your question/explanation makes very little sense.

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 08:18:04 am »
I'm sorry, I meant to say "unable to access my SMB shares" on the previous post. The SMB share does not appear.  The USB drive is visible on the mount points screen and is accessible via FTP, but absolutely no folders appear when I have SMB enabled in r069cb

LGNilsson

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 10:32:48 am »
You have to mount the folders in Windows, they won't just automatically appear. I've had no problems doing this, but I'm afraid I don't have time to write instructions right now, as I'm at CES.

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 11:08:39 am »
I understand, and this is more about the specific beta firmware that was posted. On r069 I have access to my samba share and I do in fact have it mounted on my windows machines.  As soon as I upgrade to r069cb the share is no longer visible. Once I reverted back to r069 it appeared again.

I was also just seeing if anyone else was seeing similar concerns, and letting you guys know what I was seeing.

LGNilsson

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 01:17:39 am »
That's odd, I'll have to try once I'm back in Taiwan and see, as I haven't explicitly tested it on this firmware, but it was fine on a slightly earlier build.

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 05:50:25 pm »
I understand, and this is more about the specific beta firmware that was posted. On r069 I have access to my samba share and I do in fact have it mounted on my windows machines.  As soon as I upgrade to r069cb the share is no longer visible. Once I reverted back to r069 it appeared again.

I was also just seeing if anyone else was seeing similar concerns, and letting you guys know what I was seeing.

I have same issue, which I just posted elsewhere.

Elliott

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 24 queries.