Choose style:

Author Topic: integrating with wink  (Read 14943 times)

Offline medatom

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
integrating with wink
« on: November 30, 2014, 07:32:22 pm »
Any chance of integrating with wink, so that wink can be either primary or secondary? I am not sure almond plus can be ready for automation, scheduling, etc until mid 2015?

LGNilsson

Re: integrating with wink
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 10:12:45 pm »
Automation should come in early 2015, but we don't support any secondary controller stuff at the moment, but it's something we're planning on adding as well. That said, the focus for our software team right now is to get the automation done as quickly as possible.

Offline medatom

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 10:57:31 pm »
The reason I was asking, i heard that wink supports 433,Bluetooth as well so it will nicely complement almond plus which it lacks.
I got some Bluetooth tags and Bluetooth lamps which I want to trigger or triggered based on the scenes.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:01:39 pm by medatom »

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 12:22:45 am »
Have you managed to connect any of these devices to the Wink hub? I can't seem to find an option for anything Bluetooth... 433 seems to be Lutron if I'm not wrong.

Considering the Almond+ and the Wink hub are quite different, it's be near enough impossible for us to control the Wink hub. What you're asking for might work for Z-Wave, but nothing else.

Offline Jpowerhouse

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 09:59:13 pm »
any updates on this?  i have a lutron light switch and the almond + does not seem to recognize it at all.  i waited patiently for the almond + and assumed that it was ready for prime time.  is this not the case?

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 12:57:58 am »
Sorry? We never said we'd support Lutron, it's a different standard. The Almond+ supports ZigBee and Z-Wave only and we've never claimed anything else.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 09:41:48 am »
WOW!!!!!

As somebody that got a Wink back in July to play with while waiting for my A+, I can't believe somebody wants A+ to be more like Wink.  A+ is already more reliable and stable the day it is released to the public than the Wink is after 6 months of disguised public Beta testing.  Wink is more concerned about having a "pretty app" and funny commercials than they are about having a device that actually works.
 I fell for it and bought the wink compatible Honeywell Thermostats ,then found out that they were not actually supported. So I just controlled them with the Honeywell app and was happy. When wink did add support for them, I suddenly found my heat being turn up or down randomly throughout the day and night. I woke up in a puddle of sweat at 3am because Wink decided it wanted the house at 80* too many times. Sitting at the desk wondering why it seems cold and find that Wink decided to turn it down to 60* ,just to see if I'd notice. I unregistered both Thermostats and have not had a singe incident of heat changing of it's own free will since.
 The trigger time on my A+ has been about 0.25 sec from the time I tap the app and the light goes on/off. With the Wink, the delay is 5-10 seconds. To the point that you turn on a light wait wait wait assume the command didn't register, so tap it again. Then wait wait wait again ,the light will finally come on and then go right back off because you tapped it twice.

I won't even get started on the Wink Spotters .

Yes I am hoping that at some point the A+ app will be able to integrate with TCP hub (already does with HUE)  and Honeywell , but I waited 18 months to get my A+ and I am more than happy to wait until they can get the integration right and not just push out a product that is barely Beta claiming it is a public release.  A+ may not be perfect, but they openly admit that there are in Beta and to expect and report bugs.

Offline j8048188

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 10:32:50 pm »
To me, that's the biggest appeal of the Almond+ as well. All the home automation is handled locally, with remote control available, so I'm not reliant on someone else's cloud infrastructure to do any work. (And if Securifi's cloud dies, I can just VPN in to my house and control the Almond from the Web UI.)

Offline nonaitall

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 03:58:03 pm »
Plus - some wink hardware like the light bulbs are ZigBee so they do work with the Almond+

Offline vansens

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 05:12:51 pm »
Plus - some wink hardware like the light bulbs are ZigBee so they do work with the Almond+

Erm, your statement is wrong. The A+ does support ZigBee as Lars stated above. Is it possible you meant to reference these TCPI "Connected" lights instead?
http://go.tcpi.com/ConnectedProducts

These do not work with the A+, as they are running on JenNet-IP (http://go.tcpi.com/Connected_Gateway_FAQ)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 05:21:05 pm »
Bought one to play with (it was $.99, when buying two link bulbs). Was not great, actually was pretty terrible. I spent a ton of time on support. Didn't matter. Apparently it has improved but is still very limited and really only meant to work with its selected partners. And yes some of the sensors work with the A+, which is very nice sense the sensors are pretty decent (certain ones, don't ever buy the spotter) and like the Iris stuff at Lowes it comes in a fairly good price point and is available at a physical store (some is anyways). It's too bad more of that stuff doesn't work out of the box.

Edit: @vansens that is what Nonaitall said...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:22:47 pm by mparadis »

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 06:46:58 pm »
Erm, your statement is wrong. The A+ does support ZigBee as Lars stated above. Is it possible you meant to reference these TCPI "Connected" lights instead?
http://go.tcpi.com/ConnectedProducts

These do not work with the A+, as they are running on JenNet-IP (http://go.tcpi.com/Connected_Gateway_FAQ)
Ummm..... I think he said they do work with the Almond+

Offline vansens

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 08:18:58 pm »
Sorry, my bad. I mis-read.
<cower in shame>

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 09:21:28 pm »
I was just making sure I wasn't going crazy  :D

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 10:38:20 pm »
No worries just wanted you to have correct info  :P

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 17 queries.