bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Windows Phone App  (Read 21740 times)

Offline Slim4

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Windows Phone App
« on: December 02, 2014, 11:32:37 am »
I have to believe that someone out there besides me has a Windows Phone.  I really want to be able to use my Almond + to the best possible measures and I feel like I'm missing out on some awesome without an app to control my home.  Any plans on making the WP8 app?  I know it was a stretch goal, but I am hoping it will be something close on the roadmap.
Z-Wave Setup (WIP)
1x Peanut Wall plug
1x BE469NXCAM716 Schlage Deadbolt

LGNilsson

Re: Windows Phone App
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:19:36 pm »
Well, you're not the only one, but so far it's a very small group of backers/customers. Please understand that anything we do is a cost, both in money, but more importantly in time and resources. This doesn't mean we don't want to support you guys, but we have limitations as to what we can do.

Offline Slim4

• Peanut
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 01:14:17 pm »
Thanks Lars!  Definitely makes sense.  Prioritization of ensuring main functions work as advertised and working with as many devices on the market as possible is definitely wise.  When things have sort of cooled down as far as release to market and bug fixes go, do you think there will be a place in your hearts for us poor WP8 users?  ;D
Z-Wave Setup (WIP)
1x Peanut Wall plug

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 02:13:43 am »
Maybe some time in the future, we'll see. It's not a no, but it's not a yes either.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 12:21:17 pm »
Slim4, it isn't ideal but with windows phone can you add a shortcut to a favorited webpage? I have on android in addition to the app, a shortcut to the webserver. I find it is as accurate or better than the app and have it there as a backup until all the issues are taken care of and up to date. Just a thought!

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 11:08:44 am »

Offline pete

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 08:13:53 am »
Here I have switched over to Microsoft 8.1 mobile to play with for a bit.

That said yesterday noticed the availability of dual booting tablets which boot into Windows 8.1 and current version of Android.

[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 11:45:24 am »
There is a windows phone app now? That'll make a few people happy.

LGNilsson

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 11:46:51 pm »
We have a very early beta build, so I guess it'll be another month before we start an invite only beta test and then another month before it'll be released if all goes well. It's actually being developed by one of our developer level backers and he's made some pretty interesting additions to it that the Android and iOS don't have, yet. It's still pretty rough in terms of looks, but I'll post up some screenshots once he's fixed it up a bit. Showed the beta version to someone from Microsoft today at CES  :P

So why didn't we admit this earlier? Well, simply because it wasn't a given and we hadn't even tested the code. Now we know it works, but it still need a good bit of spit and polish, but I think this has the opportunity to be our best app for now. Oh and apparently it'll run in Windows 8 as well...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:33:19 am by Lars »

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 12:24:08 pm »
Excellent, I don't use a windows phone but I like to hear that and kudos to the developer. Interesting in seeing the improvements they included. Your high opinion of it bodes well for it.

Offline Slim4

• Peanut
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 10:21:32 am »
Yeah, I have a major face splitting grin right now.  This is great news!  I'm psyched to test it out on my old WP 8.1 device when this comes out.  I'll just have to watch out for glass slivers ;)
Z-Wave Setup (WIP)
1x Peanut Wall plug

Offline DrewL

• Acorn
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 02:39:20 pm »
I will also be happy to do what I can for testing. My Almond+ hasn't shipped yet (pre-release purchase from last year, expecting it any day now).

I have a Lumia Icon on 8.0, my wife has a Lumia 830 on Denim (8.1), I have a Surface Pro 3 on Win10 tech preview, and my work and home desktops both run Win8.1.

Offline DrewL

• Acorn
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 09:29:00 am »
Wewt, router is arriving today.

If there's anything I can help with, please lemme know.

LGNilsson

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 09:41:52 am »
We'll let you all know when the app is ready for testing, no worries.

Offline gwydionjhr

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 10:02:03 pm »
I was already curious about the Securifi router, and today listened to the latest technology.fm Smarthome podcast (nice job btw) which ramped my interest up even more.

The last piece of the puzzle was whether or not there would be support for Windows/Windows phone.

I believe you just scored the trifecta.  Looking forward to seeing the Almond + come to Canada!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:09:14 pm by gwydionjhr »

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.