bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond has lost connection to Internet  (Read 5968 times)

Offline NRatner

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond has lost connection to Internet
« on: December 08, 2014, 09:49:35 pm »
I have had my Almond for over a year, love it; went away for a week, came back to find that Almond connects to all devices, shows good signal, but is NOT allowing connection to Internet. It is impacting both Verizon connectivity and Comcast - we have computers on one and a Tivo on the other. I have unplugged and checked menu on the Almond - it shows everything is fine, but it is NOT. When we connect to the Almond router, we lose Internet access; when we default to the main router (Verizon), we have access, but signal is weak (why we bought the router). We actually have another at our vacation home, but cannot check there to see if there was any update that somehow screwed things up? FWIW, we didn't appear to have had any power outages or spikes during our absence - no other electronics showed disrupted signals.

Offline NRatner

Re: Almond has lost connection to Internet
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 07:43:39 pm »
Let me add to this thread - I find it odd lots of folks have looked at it in only a few days, but there has been no company response. The router itself finds my network, sees my, and gets thru reconnecting almost all the way, only to say, find (my network) when it clearly has, and has the info to connect. If it's a software or firmware problem, how am I supposed to upgrade if I can't get to the internet?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
Re: Almond has lost connection to Internet
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 09:45:45 pm »
@ NRatner,

As long as Almond is receiving the continuous/uninterrupted signals from the main router, it should be working fine. However, the following instructions would assist you in getting the internet connection on the Almond, so that we can update the software directly through touch screen which should also assist you in resolving the issue.

1) Connect an ethernet cable from one of the main router LAN ports to the Almond's WAN port (Gray port). Tap on "Status" on the Almond's touchscreen and it should shows the status as connected with green box, if not then you have to run the wizard on Almond in Router mode. Now, tap on "More" on the Almond's touchscreen, tap on "Software Update" and follow the instructions.

2) After the Almond reboots, turn off the main router, wait for 30 secs, turn it on and wait for all the lights to lit up.

3) Now, reset the Almond to factory default settings. To do so, press and hold the reset button (just above the power plug) for 10 seconds and release it.

4) Almond would restart, configure it in Range Extender mode, check it's performance and let us know the status.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.