Choose style:

Author Topic: Hello World!  (Read 4487 times)

Offline Slim4

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hello World!
« on: December 05, 2014, 01:24:26 pm »
Hey everyone!  I just made my pre-purchase of the Almond + and have been devouring all of the information I can about how the device is moving along and the limitations and enhancements that have been made :)
I bought my house 3 years ago and have wired it with Cat6 and built up my network with a Cisco router and switch.  I went to school for Cisco Networking (CCNP) and definitely had to build my house to be a tech dream.  So here I am taking the next step and building up home automation and high quality wireless.
Goals:
Administration of all of my home automation devices from anywhere
Fully automated heating/cooling
Fully automated locks
Fully automated garage doors
Nearly fully automated lights
Possible Arduino integration to Z-Wave network (RFID access etc)
Security measures (door/window sensors, cameras)
Alarming (Water/Fire/Break-in)

If anyone has some tips/tricks that would be awesome!

Ben
Z-Wave Setup (WIP)
1x Peanut Wall plug
1x BE469NXCAM716 Schlage Deadbolt

Offline pete

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Hello World!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 05:37:46 pm »
Welcome to the Securifi forum Ben!

You can automate everything on your list today and more.

For tips and tricks you have come to the right place.

What are you looking to do first?

[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline Slim4

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Hello World!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 11:01:52 am »
Well, the first thing is a fancy new Schlage lock.
http://www.amazon.com/Schlage-Touchscreen-Deadbolt-Built-In-BE469NXCAM716/dp/B00AGK9KUU
My wife is excited for me to geek out on this project so she picked it up for me for Christmas.  So far, I don't have my A+ but at least I have a device to add immediately!

Next will be various power outlets and scene switches.  I have a switch in my bedroom that controls a ceiling fan on/off and I want to add a switch to that to control a lamp since none of the other outlets are switched.  Figured I would use something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-VRCS2-MRZ-2-Button-Controller-Multi-Location/dp/B0032ZB9HI
They seem a bit expensive, but I want 2 buttons... no more no less and this is the only one I could find that looks decent.  Suggestions are always good!

After that is the garage doors. I want to be able to open/close them based on my location and hopefully bearing.  So if I'm leaving, it sets it to closed and if I'm coming home it opens the door.  Since I have two garage doors, I would be able to do this without worrying about the wife's location.

Last will be thermostat controls.  I think... Not entirely sure I want to avoid the Nest at this point.  I like unified controls but that Nest is so dang pretty.
Z-Wave Setup (WIP)
1x Peanut Wall plug
1x BE469NXCAM716 Schlage Deadbolt

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.