Choose style:

Author Topic: Organizing sensors and a comment on scenes  (Read 2778 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Organizing sensors and a comment on scenes
« on: January 08, 2015, 07:20:42 pm »
First, be able to rearrange the master list of items under the title of sensors (though I think that is the incorrect term).
Second, I'd like to see, at least on the apps, the ability to make user edited categories of sensors. For example I could make a category of all light bulbs, or all light switches, or everything in the family room or the master bedroom, and let the user decided which "sensors" to add to each category. Sensors would ideally be able to be added to more than one category and other options would be great as well, such as a small widget you could add to any category that shows the energy stats for the sensors in the same category. Another option would be a category with all the scenes listed and the ability to add a scene widget to a category. I'd envision that when you opened the app, the home screen could show you whatever scenes, widgets, sensors, other information, you choice to show there, including possibly options from more than one almond+ that is connected with the account.
IMHO, the current apps are ugly and could use with a bit of polish from an aesthetic stand point and a function point. I know they are works in progress. Just a few of my cents.

Also as a note scenes could even be built so that the app controls more than one hub (if I have an almond+ at home and at work and I push the scene that locks my office door, turns down the lights and sets the alarms, it would also turn on the air conditioning at home and turn on the lights in 20 minutes for the front door) or something similar. This would obviously be built on the cloud and would mean these specific scenes / rules wouldn't work if you have no connection, where the other rules are being built so they will be. Just a final thought.

LGNilsson

Re: Organizing sensors and a comment on scenes
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:05:43 am »
We had sorting of sensors at one point, but it was quite buggy back then, so it was removed for the time being.

The plan is to allow you to sort by location, at least initially, but we've talked about doing on a per sensor type as well, but then it'll be what the sensor is detected as, since there's no other way we can really do that at the moment.

What  you're after isn't that easy to do for us, since we need to propagate that over multiple UI's which is a bit of a challenge, but not impossible.

Once we've added Scenes, some of this will of course be easier, as you could add sensors to a scene and sort them that way.

The guy doing the Windows Phone app has already created a way to sort by location in there and we'll hopefully be able to bring that to all of our other UI's.

We don't have scenes yet, only rules and you can already do part of what you're asking for with the rules, as you can add multiple "Then"/actions at the end, just click on another thing and it'll be added. It'll also be possible to add rules to the scenes once we're done with all of it, or at least that's the plan.
The rules are running on the Almond+ itself and you can try it if you install the latest beta.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.