Choose style:

Author Topic: Torrent Client  (Read 3865 times)

Offline Achrovost

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Torrent Client
« on: December 06, 2014, 08:04:23 pm »
Okay I am not the best with network related issues but I got my hard drive hooked up to the Almond + usb port and it works great. I am able to access it through my computer using the samba method. I am hitting a problem with the torrent client. I believe I got the directory right "/mnt/usb/Home Drive"  I have tried using the magnet link as well as the torrent file and neither have worked to have the download start. I am not getting any error messages so I don't know if it is a hard drive issue or another setting that I have not looked at. Has anyone else had this issue?

Offline Etherknight

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Torrent Client
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 07:37:51 pm »
I got some problems with the torrent client as well since the last FW R069

I noticed everytime the Almond+ restarts, the hard disk drive partitions are mounted in a different point, increasing a number (ie I have a partition in my HDD drive named "Multimedia", so after every restart a new folder is created under /mnt/usb as "Multimedia_1", "Multimedia_2" and so on, being the valid folder the last one) That messed up the torrent client as the partition I had set was no longer valid. I tried to fix it by manually asigning the mount points in the OpenWRT interface, and that way the partitions are mounted in the designed point, but they are mounted in read only instead of read and write. I've tried to manually unmount and remount the partirions as rw, but I had no success until now.

Offline Zexon83

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 07:54:55 pm »
I am having the same issue. I have found a way around but it isn't for people uncomfortable with command line.
I will start by mentioning what I believe to be the cause for the issue. When the Almond plus reboots the torrent client starts before the mount point for the USB is created. So since there is nothing in /mnt/usb/%mounted drive% where the torrent client is supposed to look for configurations it creates that path and sets up the default file structure. So now there is a /mnt/usb/%mounted drive%. THEN the USB drive tries to mount and since /mnt/usb/%mounted drive% already exists it creates/mnt/usb/%mounted drive%_2 or so on.
Now the fix.
1) Disable the torrent client (so it wont auto create /mnt/usb/%mounted drive%
2) Shutdown the Almond plus
3) Remove the USB drive
4) Start the Almond plus
5) Log into the Almond plus with SSL
6) Delete the folder /mnt/usb/%mounted drive% (rm -rf /mnt/usb/%mounted drive%)
7) Plug USB drive into Almond plus
8) Enable the torrent client
^Happy accident

I give no warranties for following my instructions but it has worked for me on multiple occasions.

I hope one of the programers will see this and fix the start order of the Almond plus

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 05:09:53 am »
This has been reported as a bug to the software team already as it was mentioned in another thread.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 24 queries.