bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: VPN IPSec Endpoint  (Read 4078 times)

Offline Fire69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
VPN IPSec Endpoint
« on: November 11, 2014, 04:01:53 pm »
Hi,

I was setting up the VPN server and used PPTP which works OK, but is apparently unsafe.
So I'd like to use IPSec but I don't really now how to set it up.

1) Preshared Key?  This is sort of a general password to be able to make the connection, on top of the password per user?
2) Endpoint address?  This is the WAN address for the A+?  Problem is, my ISP gives out a new address every 36 hours.  Can't I use my domain name instead of an IP? I use dynamic DNS to update my IP.

Thanks!

jjoepaulines

Re: VPN IPSec Endpoint
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 11:11:55 pm »
It's in our todo list ... Will be available in future firmware ...

2) Endpoint address?  This is the WAN address for the A+?  Problem is, my ISP gives out a new address every 36 hours.  Can't I use my domain name instead of an IP? I use dynamic DNS to update my IP.

like ipsec Services also will update the Almond plus wan IP in to the config file dynamically ..This will fix your issue ...

1) Preshared Key?  This is sort of a general password to be able to make the connection, on top of the password per user?

Yes ..

Offline thanthos

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 04:35:32 am »
What about "Local IP Address"? Is it the IP address you are giving out to the client once it connects?

jjoepaulines

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 05:49:04 am »
Local IP Address is ALmond plus  IP address.. [ please check in status app -> IP ]

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck