bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Some TCP Connections Fail  (Read 2897 times)

Offline lambda

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Some TCP Connections Fail
« on: October 18, 2014, 03:50:12 pm »
My first thought was that it's my ISP to blame, but none of these problems happen when I plug my ethernet cable directly to my laptop.

1) Some URLs don't work, especially many CDN GET requests for binary files (videos, images) fail.
For example: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2014/10/16/business/16ebay-web1/16ebay-web1-thumbStandard.jpg
When I try to open this URL nothing happens, I get No Data Received page in Chrome.

I dig into it, I am able to make a connection with telnet, but when I make a GET request nothing happens, I don't receive a single byte on my telnet client neither a timeout error.

2) I was updating my old MacBook to Yosemite, it was saying the download takes more than 9 hours! I restarted the computer, paused and restarted the download, but nothing helped till I plugged in the ethernet cable directly to the laptop and then wow it downloaded the whole thing in less than 10 minutes.

I was happy with Almond, but these problems are very annoying. I appreciate any help.

SDK Version: 4.0.0.0 (Jun 21 2013)
Software Version: AL1-R196-L299-W33   (it say I have the latest)

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Some TCP Connections Fail
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 08:44:14 pm »
Hi lambda,

It seems like our support team (support@securifi.com) already sent you a beta firmware to try on the Almond. Please try that and ensure you do a factory reset and let us know the performance. 

Offline motorzen

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Some TCP Connections Fail
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 02:08:49 pm »
I'm not sure if this is related or helpful, but I came here looking for help with a similar problem. Trying to GET files from a cdn (specifically cdnjs.cloudflare.com) was failing in Chrome.

Initially I suspected this was related to the Almond+ and changes I had implemented to Forwarding routes, but I figured out it was actually a problem with Adblock Pro extension. Disabling the extension for the site I was trying to load fixed the issue and the javascript and css files coming from CDNJS started to load.

EDIT: I just realized this is the Almond sub-forum and I have the the Almond+, but it still might be helpful.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 02:13:45 pm by motorzen »

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.