Choose style:

Author Topic: Charter/Almond combo losing signal  (Read 3287 times)

Offline Rothgarr

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Charter/Almond combo losing signal
« on: December 23, 2014, 11:58:57 am »
Howdy. I searched and found similar issues but couldn't find a definitive answer so thought I'd ask here...

I have a CISCO modem provided by Charter cable. I plugged my Almond Router into it to provide wireless access to my home.

It works for a few hours, but then the internet connection goes down. If I unplug the modem for a minuter and plug it back in it comes back after a minute or two. But I have to do this at least 2-3 times a day.

But if I plug a computer directly into the modem it never ever loses connection. Oddly, if the connection goes goes down when the Almond is plugged in, and I then plug the computer into it, it also doesn't work until I reboot the modem... almost like the Almond kills whatever communication is going through the WAN plug.

Any other detail I can provide to help come up with a solution? Or is the Almond just not compatible with this modem?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 05:22:20 pm by Rothgarr »

Offline Rothgarr

Re: Charter/Almond combo losing signal
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 10:43:37 am »
Honestly, I think these two Almond units need to go back to Amazon with a one star review. They won't stay connected to the Internet for more than two or three hours and even with two of these in my house I have some areas with poor reception.

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 10:57:35 am »
Did you try contacting the support team? This is a community forum, not a support forum, so the response time from the support team is a lot slower here.
http://securifi.com/support
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 11:08:35 am by Lars »

Offline Rothgarr

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 01:31:51 pm »
Sorry, I got to the forum by clicking the "Support" tab so I thought it was a way to get official support (plus I saw some users with official "Securifi" avatars so I thought they answered questions...).

At the time of my post nothing helped. But I'm glad I held on to the units a few days longer because apparently a new firmware update came out and everything appears to be staying connected now with the update.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck