Choose style:

Author Topic: Lost internet connection  (Read 5538 times)

Offline Stew

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Lost internet connection
« on: December 27, 2013, 07:49:53 pm »
Hi, I recently bought an almond. Setup was a breeze, as advertised, and we were up and running in no time.  However, the first time my daughters tried to get online on our PC, the computer is connected, but says the connection is limited and cannot get on the internet. 

We have our almond as our only router, connected to a Arris broadband modem (comcast). It is an unsecured network since we live in a rural area with no close neighbors.  Our wireless devices (kindle fire, samsung galaxy tab, ipad 1, iPad 2) all connected fine, but our dell computer ( running windows 8, wireless connection) cannot access the internet.  Yesterday my daughters kindle fire started exhibiting the same issues.  I used to be fairly tech savvy, but cannot figure this one out.  I tried the standard windows " diagnose problem" approach, as well as disabling, reenabling the wireless connection, restarting, etc.  I even tried releasing and renewing the IP address in the command line, no change.  Any suggestions?  I'm hesitant to restart the router in case I lose the connection with my ipad...

Update.. Today I noticed that nothing was now connected, including my ipad and ps3 (ps3 is wired).  I restarted and reconfigured everything like I did when I first got the almond, and now my ipad and ps3 are back online, however, still can't get online with the rest of my devices.... This is quite frustrating, guess I'll have to call support....
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 12:15:00 pm by Stew »

Essoh

Re: Lost internet connection
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 10:11:32 am »
I don t know if this helps but (because some windows get connected with certain types of secured connection) you may try all kinds of security available in Almond (wep, wpa1, wpa2, WPS) and even changing the encryption (AES and TKIP).

You can call the support also if nothing works finally.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:19:35 am by Essoh »

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Lost internet connection
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 04:53:03 pm »
I don t know if this helps but (because some windows get connected with certain types of secured connection) you may try all kinds of security available in Almond (wep, wpa1, wpa2, WPS) and even changing the encryption (AES and TKIP).

You can call the support also if nothing works finally.

WEP can be cracked in under 10 minutes,  so I don't recommend this for anyone,  unless they have no choice due to supporting older legacy equipment.
WPA1 typically uses TKIP
WPA2 typically uses CCMP (aka AES). 

Almond,  and the new Almond+ support all of these.  (Remember that if you are using your Almond as a Range Extender,  the settings need to match the main Router exactly or it will not work. 
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.