bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Centralite getting its own line  (Read 7823 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Centralite getting its own line
« on: January 05, 2015, 06:29:19 pm »
centralite, who makes many other companies devices, is coming out with their own line. I believe the almond+ already works with many of them so should be interesting to see if their new devices do as well. It isn't clear if their devices will all be iris devices or they are doing an iris line and non-iris line as well. http://www.cnet.com/news/third-party-smartthings-device-maker-gets-retail-product-line/

Edit: it looks like they will have an iris and a separate line upon re-reading the article.

LGNilsson

Re: Centralite getting its own line
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 07:21:48 pm »
You didn't see that we were mentioned in the press release?  :-\
Yes, the next firmware will add support for a lot of their devices, just not all the stuff that was just announced, they'll be supported later on though, as we haven't had samples yet.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 08:03:46 pm »
I did not perhaps I should check it out. That's exciting they are an accomplished supplier.

Edit: read the release, looks like they are branching out quite a bit. I now remember reading in the forum that you'll soon have support for their nice looking pearl thermostat. Is that in the next release?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:37:48 pm by mparadis »

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 08:43:30 pm »
I'm not sure, I don't think so, but if it's not, then in the one after that. We had some issue with something or the other that I can't remember now and I know we're working with them to solve it.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 09:06:14 pm »
Guess I can't expect all the changes to be up next, lol. Lots of changes with the next firmware. Sounds like a major release and like the system will be maturing quite a bit with it, I'm looking forward to it.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 10:01:08 pm »
Trust me, so am I.... I just wish it'd be done and over with already...

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 10:29:07 pm »
I can imagine, you're on the forum all hours of the day answering these questions. I'm not sure where you're based but you work around the clock. I hope you're well appreciated by the developers since you take most of the heat when there are issues. Seems like next firmware should alleviate many of those and bring it to a point where it is feature enhancing and adding to the ecosystem.

LGNilsson

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 12:11:36 am »
Taiwan if that makes a difference, just not this week  :P

The software team and I have something of an understanding along the lines of I shout at them because they're not on time, they ignore me, I shout at them because they're even later, they ignore me some more  ;D

No, not really, but I do give them some flack when needed. I also give them praise when they do something really good, like the new on-screen keyboard, as that was really unexpected.

I think the automation UI will be really good once it's done, I know some will complain that it's not an app, but the real deal here is that everything runs on the Almond+, so no matter if you have internet or not,your rules will work. If this isn't a great feature on its own, I don't know what is. It might not have some of the complex issues some of our backers/customers might want, but I think that'll be less than 1% once we add things like weather and dusk/dawn, as for this release, times will be the only thing you can do beyond triggers of some kind, although you can combine time and triggers, or set a time window in which if a certain trigger(s) are meet, then something will happen.

I'm not sure if the time and weather apps will be in the release, but I hope so, we've been testing them internally and they seem to work ok overall.  It won't look as fancy as the Almond for now, but we'll get that done over time. I guess.

Even though I didn't expect it, we've added support for some new sensors, improved lock related things and made big improvements on the Z-Wave stack in general. Things are happening even though it might not like like at times.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 05:47:50 pm »
Lars when you mentioned future support for the recently announced centralite pieces did that include the battery powered smart switch and / or the smart button? Of their devices these seem the most unique, or at least useful, for my plans. Thanks!

LGNilsson

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 01:25:05 am »
As soon as we get samples, we'll be adding support for them.
They've committed to get us samples of all their products so we can add support for them, so no worries.
I guess they're not quite ready yet though.
The wall switch will as far as I'm aware, also be offered by Sylvania/Osram in the US.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 06:38:56 pm »
Excellent thanks Lars. Now we just need Centralite to finalize and ship I guess  ;D.

LGNilsson

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 10:55:15 pm »
That, I'm afraid, is outside of my control  ;D

They've been very good to work with and they have well documented products which makes it easier for us to integrate them as well. On top of that, they've been very helpful when we've had questions for them.

My only issue with them is that I think they're a tad expensive, but hopefully this will change as their sales volumes goes up.
It's also easy to buy their stuff, as they're already sold by SmartThings and PEQ/BestBuy and some of it will be available on Lowe's as well.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.