bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Quirky Tripper  (Read 16767 times)

Offline jmecherul

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Quirky Tripper
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 11:39:38 am »
I received my Quirky Tripper order from Amazon and its working well with the R069cb Beta.  I'm able to use rules to control the Quirky Tripper to manage the Peanut Plug; now I'm able to turn on a lamp when a door is opened and turn it off after the door is closed.

great to hear that these are working.  I will have to download the latest firmware and update my almond+.  hopefully the upgrade does not break my verizon microcell again.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 10:45:36 pm »
I read a post that some of these are showing a battery alarm falsely and Wink was aware of the issue and would be issuing a firmware update. Is there anyway to firmware update these without connecting to wink hub? If not, anyone know if removing the sensor from the network will also reset it in this case so it can be added to a wink hub to updated and returned to the A+? I have a wink hub laying around and some sensors in route. Want to make sure they can be updated in future. Thanks!

LGNilsson

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 02:55:32 am »
You'd have to manually reset battery powered ZigBee sensors. This is normally done by pressing and holding the pairing button for 3-10 seconds (check the manual).
You can then add a ZigBee sensor to a new ZigBee network.

Although we can do OTA firmware upgrades, we'd need the firmware first and I highly doubt Wink would provide us with their firmwares...

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 06:36:16 pm »
For those who may be curious. These are the reset instructions for the tripper available on Wink's website. To reset or pair Tripper to a different Wink account or different hub, open from the indent on the side of the main sensor. Press and hold the black tamper button while taking out the battery. Put the battery back in and let go of the tamper button.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck