bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond drops internet  (Read 6281 times)

Offline jonpeddie

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond drops internet
« on: December 30, 2013, 07:22:40 pm »
Our network setup

We have a high-speed internet service from Comcast Xfinity with an average download speed >90 Mbps and upload speed >23 Mbps. That service is delivered via coax cable to a Comcast supplied cable modem, model U10C035, and was serviced and new firmware update installed less than 30 days ago (the cable RF MAC addresses is 00234ED04285). The modem’s RJ45 port is connected, directly through a 7-ft CAT5 cable to a Cisco-Linksys E4200 Dual-Band Wireless-N Router. The router network is designated “JPR” and there are two accounts on it, JPR and JPR-Guest. Security is set at WPA2 personal (with AE5 encryption) on “JPR” and JPR-Guest is unsecured.

With the Securifi Almond extender less than 10-ft away we constantly experience drop out, as indicted by the internet connection red/green indictor in the Status menu. The subnetwork is designated “JPR_almond.” It’s IP address is 192.168.1.142. The Bridge MAC is e4:71:85:00:e7.e4. The wireless MAC is e4:71:85:00:e7.e4. and the LAN MAC is e4:71:85:00:e7.e6. Security is set at WPAPSKWPA2P5K, with TKIPAES encryption, we are using channel 1, and the Almond’s software was updated a day ago.

The Almond has internet settings of SHCP or Cable modem, and is connected wirelessly.

All of our computers are less than a year old with Windows 7. They are using IPV4 (IPV6 is not used). The laptop used for the testing has the physical address of C4-85-08-3c-79-95, and its IPV4 address is 192.168.1.137, the IPV4 default gateway is 192.168.1.1.
Monitoring the task Manager on another computer, connected to the router via a CAT5 cable, shows the network stability to be flat and consistent with no drop out , interruptions, or excessive spikiness. Monitoring the laptop connected via the Almond shows spikiness. Speed varies from 50 Mbps (when Almond status indicatgor is red to 1440 Mbps when status green. Average bit rate (while green) is 130 Mbps.

Monitoring the JPR wireless network with another computer shows the network stability to flat, clean and very infrequent spikes. There is no correlation between the spikes on JPR wireless and the red status indicator on the Almond. The JPR wireless connected computer average 130 Mbps (peaks to 160 Mbps).

We switched the test (JPR_almond) computer with the JPR (control monitoring) computer to neutralize any computer effects.
One of the indications of no network connection is if we try to access the computer on JPR_almond while the Almond is down, we cannot connect to the PC. When the green light is on, then we can connect to the computer (all disks and machines are set for sharable with password). When the machine used for testing the JPR_almond is taken off Almond and connected to JPOR, it is easily shared.

The Almond’s operation is intermittent and unpredictable, independent of any network loading (tested with no other computers on the network and with computers on the network, daytime and nighttime, during working days and weekends).

We have invested more in labor costs testing the device than the device costs.

LGNilsson

Re: Almond drops internet
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 10:27:53 pm »
Hi Jon,

Judging by your post it would appear that you've received a faulty unit and we'll get it replaced unit arranged for you.
Can you either send me a PM or email with your contact information and address and I'll have our support team arrange for a new unit as well as a return shipping label for your faulty unit.

Cheers

Offline jonpeddie

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 11:42:32 am »
Supper  -  I was hoping it was something simple like that. Thanks for your prompt reply.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:13:58 am by Lars »

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 12:15:57 am »
I've passed on your address to our support team, although they might contact you for your phone number and I've provided them with your email address so they can get in touch.

I've also removed your postal address from the post above, as public forums isn't the best place to post things like contact information, even though I'm aware that you're a very publically known person due to your line of work.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 17 queries.