Choose style:

Author Topic: Less than expected WiFi speed with 802.11 AC  (Read 31819 times)

Offline takisot

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Less than expected WiFi speed with 802.11 AC
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2015, 04:25:31 pm »
My friend I tried all possible combinations many times and the problem is exactly as I reported it.
There is an low speed issue when the almond connects via wifi AC with a MacBook pro Late 2013 (tested on 2 different MacBooks)
Feel free to replicate it. Apparently securify does not have any Apple computers to do some testing.
Personally I am done testing.

Offline brantflick

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2015, 12:10:09 am »
You've contradicted yourself several times in your posts and troubleshooting.  Without doing all testing systematically you cannot expect Securifi to attempt to replicate your issue as you are saying it's one specific model of an Apple laptop, and that's a limited use case scenario.  This is a public-beta product and if you are unwilling to properly troubleshoot you cannot expect support.

I do not work for Securifi, nor do I have any soft of affiliation to them, but your troubleshooting makes me cringe because I have to deal with this sort of "proof" on a daily basis.  Please diagram the options you tried, which bands you were connected on (wireless), or wired connectivity w/ connection details, and what the results were and then the community or Securifi can fill in the blanks where you are unwilling or unable to test.

Also you may wish to retest when the next build becomes available as there are issues with the 5gHz channel currently according to Securifi's own posts and admission, and this is supposed to be corrected with updated wireless drivers which should be present in this new build.  Personally I'm crossing my fingers that this build is available very soon because it will likely fix some issues I'm having, and will add features that I desperately want to try.  I can understand if you're frustrated with the product, as in some ways I am too, but refusing to troubleshoot properly and accusing Securifi will not get you very far at this point in the product's lifecycle.

Offline takisot

• Backer
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2015, 05:04:16 am »
Where did you see the contradiction? I was crystal clear in my descriptions if you actually took the time to read them.
Although I did not write down my reports in the way you demand, I actually tried all possible scenarios, wired and wireless, with different SSiDs, with 2.4 disabled, in different locations etc
And the problem was isolated to the wireless connection between Almond+ and macbook pro late 2013. Is this an apple wifi driver bug or Almond+ bug? I do not know. I do know thought that as a customer, I demand from the tech support of securify to further investigate as this issue cripples the wifi speed of the router. I doubt I am the only almond+ user with a macbook pro retina laptop (very popular brand and model).
I am just the one who discovered the issue.

PS. feel free to cringe further if this make you happy.

LGNilsson

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2015, 08:24:46 pm »
So did you contact the support team?

Again, I do not work for the support team if that wasn't clear.
I try to help out here, but I'm not part of the support team or software team.

As you're the only one that has reported this issue so far that I'm aware of and we seem to have a difference of opinion as to where the problem lies, our support team should be able to help you further in figuring out the issue and they can also link you with the software team if needed.

One thing you might want to try is a hard reset of your Almond+, as sometimes this clears up stored settings that are having issues from an older firmware if you kept the settings moving from one firmware to another.

Offline takisot

• Backer
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2015, 04:10:25 am »
Sorry, I was under the impression that we can report issues here and you notify the support team.
Can you tell me which is the appropriate email to send feedback.
I will also hard reset the almond and revert.

LGNilsson

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2015, 08:06:05 am »
http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,2315.0.html

I do report things, to the software team, but I also have a full time job doing a million and one other things at the company. I don't even know where to start with this issue, so it's better you talk to the support team first.

Offline takisot

• Backer
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2015, 02:12:20 pm »
Thanks. By the way, I did a hard reset  and nothing changed.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.