bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: R069cb Issues  (Read 18276 times)

Offline techrecoded

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
R069cb Issues
« on: January 07, 2015, 11:26:49 pm »
Hi,

I updated the firmware and had a slew of issues immediately with wifi. I found that after reboot DHCP was issuing duplicate ips or failing to allow devices to connect and the System Log show conflicting ips causing all devices on the network not to have external/internet connectivity. Logs as follows:

Jan  8 04:57:26 AlmondPlus daemon.crit dnsmasq[8425]: failed to bind DHCP server socket: Address already in use
Jan  8 04:57:26 AlmondPlus daemon.crit dnsmasq[8425]: FAILED to start up

I was able to get external/internet connectivity but onyl after a complete shutdown, 2 reboots left me with the same issue. I also seem to notice that wifi signal seems weaker.

As to the automation my zigbee light bulbs don't respond to any setting. I tried setting them to turn on if off at a specific time and then off if on at a specific time without any success. Additionally I noticed that if I tried to configure an if "between" config the time is never stored on the the "if" section only the device fucntion or state is stored rendering the fucntion useless.

I even tried to state if at 00:00 or any time a certain lights state is in on/true state to turn on another light no luck there either.

Lastly, time does not sync to my local time zone, had to manually set the clock.

The weather app only sits on "Getting Local Weather. Please Wait" for long period of time followed by "Unable to get Location Data! Please try later." with the following logs:

Jan  8 04:30:26 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: --2015-01-08 04:30:26--  (try: 6)  http://ec2-54-166-64-119.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8888/forecast/autoip.json
Jan  8 04:30:26 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: Connecting to ec2-54-166-64-119.compute-1.amazonaws.com|54.166.64.119|:8888... connected.
Jan  8 04:30:27 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: HTTP request sent, awaiting response... Read error (Connection timed out) in headers.
Jan  8 04:30:27 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: Retrying.
Jan  8 04:30:32 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: The source address 10.10.10.105 for group 239.255.255.250, is not in any valid net for upstream VIF.
Jan  8 04:30:33 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: --2015-01-08 04:30:33--  (try: 7)  http://ec2-54-166-64-119.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8888/forecast/autoip.json
Jan  8 04:30:33 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: Connecting to ec2-54-166-64-119.compute-1.amazonaws.com|54.166.64.119|:8888... connected.
Jan  8 04:30:34 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: HTTP request sent, awaiting response... Read error (Connection timed out) in headers.
Jan  8 04:30:34 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: Retrying.

I keep seeing the following message from multiple ips "Jan  8 04:19:24 AlmondPlus user.info sysinit: The source address 10.10.10.187 for group 239.255.255.250, is not in any valid net for upstream VIF." in the logs as well.

Effectively from a zigbee lightbulb no luck with any automation. Things seem to perform weird if any rules are present and seem to operate closer to normal if none are present. I hope you can get this working fast.....I was super excited about this firmare but now need to know if I can downgrade it?

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 09:54:37 am by Lars »

LGNilsson

Re: R069bc Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 12:21:11 am »
Yes, you can roll back just fine.

I dunno about your weird networking issues, but the bulbs aren't working properly yet. It's possible to turn them off, but not on.
As mentioned, the automation has limited support and this is a beta build, so things are a bit buggy.

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 12:47:39 am »
I have similar results and log messages after upgrading (to R069cb), but signal strengths are the same as before the upgrade. The WAN connection remains connected, but I periodically can't hit any outside addresses and the web UI starts missing pieces (says there are no sensors or rules, sometimes will not load at all). Resetting power is the only fix I've found so far.

A simple rule to turn the peanut plug on and off results in the on/off being repeated a number of times. I'm not sure if creating rules or running rules are causing the issues. We'll see tomorrow as they're all deleted at this point.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 01:02:03 am by grouter »

Offline k1m

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 02:05:57 am »
I turned on the 2.4ghz radio this evening for the first time in a while (I have the Almond+ in bridged mode and just use it for automation/sensor control, connected to my apple time machine on 5.8ghz), after installing the R069bc and it locked up the router. As in, the screen went blank and the router functions stopped responding over the local address and through connect.securifi.com.  The automation still functioned though through both previously mentioned routes as well as through the IOS app. I had to pull the power to get it to come back to life. Possible bug problem.
Thanks for your help Lars, it is is always much appreciated.

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 02:11:45 am »
This is a current limitation when you're upgrading the firmware, both of the Wi-Fi radios need to be enabled when this is done or the Almond+ will throw a hissy fit.

Offline sfalc

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 04:45:36 am »
Can't change name of sensors or their description from Web-UI, it works from iOS app. Tried both Firefox and Safari on OS X Yosemite.
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

Offline sfalc

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 05:26:50 am »
Vision Door/Window sensor still highly unreliable, it works for few open-close cycles but soon the status changes are not displayed on the Almond+.
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

LGNilsson

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 10:34:21 am »
Vision Door/Window sensor still highly unreliable, it works for few open-close cycles but soon the status changes are not displayed on the Almond+.

Odd, not something I've seen internally since they fixed it and we've done a fair bit of testing to make sure they work properly. Did you remove and re-add the sensor?

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 11:30:47 am »
I'm not sure if creating rules or running rules are causing the issues. We'll see tomorrow as they're all deleted at this point.

I haven't been fiddling with any rules today and wifi has been solid for both 2.4 and 5GHz networks. I'll do further testing later today.

Offline Mike

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 12:14:11 pm »
after installing the beta I experienced that the almond freezes after 20-30 seconds, the display and the web-interface was not responding. also the reset button seemed to do nthing at all. wifi connections appeared to stay available though, but i'm not quite sure about that.
after 3 power cycles the almond stayed up and running for a while now.

was looking forward to test the rules but apparently i have only 1 zwave dimmer that can be used and at the moment. It stopped working a few days back (unrelated, I might have accidentally triggered the pairing mode). so I cant do anything with the rules yet.

the time app showed the wrong time, when I tried to synchronize it said no internet connection (perhaps looking for the WAN link and not wifi?). After dismissing the popup the lcd screen went entirely black, but when touching the screen, interface elements show up again.

Offline sfalc

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 01:13:11 pm »
Odd, not something I've seen internally since they fixed it and we've done a fair bit of testing to make sure they work properly. Did you remove and re-add the sensor?

Yes, a couple of times, it seem like status quo from last firmware. It works for a couple of open/closed cycles then the almond+ stops showing state-changes, despite the red led showing that it sends a state change. Have tried it on a door 2 m from Almon+ so range should not be an issue.

Offline sfalc

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 01:26:03 pm »
Not an issue as such but, a potential pitfall that you should think about...
If you have a rule X that says that binary switch A should be off IF time is between midnight and seven in the morning. If you then try to override that using your iOS  app, then it will immediately turn on and then off again essentially you will wrestle and lose against the rule. Tried this yesterday it was mildly amusing.

My opinion is that it a manual input shouldoverride the rule for a globally settable time. A default of 30 minutes might be appropriate.

Offline Mike

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 02:37:29 pm »
My opinion is that it a manual input shouldoverride the rule for a globally settable time. A default of 30 minutes might be appropriate.

thats definitely something to take in account, scenarios like this illustrate the battle betweeen automation and controls. Somewhere between those variables lies a golden cut that defines comfort :D

I think in this case you should be able to use an AT timing for your desired automated state whilst you are using an BETWEEEN timing rule at the moment

Offline umar

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 03:11:08 pm »
hello

is it normal in home automation option it shows all my sensors in "IF" section but nothing in my "THEN" section ..and it did not shows also my  Zwave everspring 812 sirene..

thanks
Almond + with 3 Open close sensors,2 Water sensors,4 Key fobs,1 Motion sensor,Everspring SE 812 siren,Fibaro FGWPE-101 zwave wall plug,3 Philips Hue Bulbs. Everspring wall plug AN180-6,Everspring zwave plus micro module dimmer AD146,Fibaro motion sensor,Fibaro smoke sensor,Fibaro Flood sensor

Offline chad.siegmann

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 04:41:01 pm »
Linear in-wall dimmers are now working from all the UI's (WebUI, LCD UI, and Android app) The dimming function does seem a little buggy though. You go to set the level of dimming and it sometimes takes multiple tries to get it to stay at your set level. To clarify, you turn it on and it goes to 99% according to the UI (never to 100%) and then when you want to set a dimming level you tap or drag the slider to what you want for this example I tried around 20%. Then it will do 1 of 3 things, dim the light to that setting and then move back to 99%, dim the light to that setting and move to another setting say 60%, or maybe you'll get lucky and it will actually dim to 20%. Oh another thing it could do is bounce back and forth between 20% 60% and 99% then coming to rest on one of them, randomly it seems.

I don't see this as too much of an issue when wanting to set it manually but when it comes to rules and scenes (when they come out) it could be an issue if you wanted to set a certain dim level and it doesn't go to the preset.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck