Choose style:

Author Topic: R069cb Issues  (Read 18273 times)

Offline chad.siegmann

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: R069bc Issues
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 04:43:59 pm »
hello

is it normal in home automation option it shows all my sensors in "IF" section but nothing in my "THEN" section ..and it did not shows also my  Zwave everspring 812 sirene..

thanks

As stated not all sensors are supported at this time, more will be in the next update hopefully coming next week.

Offline shstevenson

• Backer
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 07:37:47 pm »
Great Work! Nice to finally see some automation features.

A few items of note with initial playing (Some may have already been covered). Using PIRs, Window/Door Senor and Key Fob purchased with the Almond+ and an Aeotec inline dimmer.

1. Sensors did not show on web interface after update, required restart of router, software request for the router to reboot resulted in a hang, had to physically pull the power.
2. When setting Between times, both times must be on the same day ( I can't set a light to come on between 7PM and 6AM it returns Īnvalid Time, 6AM to 7PM is vaild).
3. At the moment it appears that the rule is being run everytime the trigger is true, without terminating the already running instance of the rule.

I have a PIR and a Light. When there is moment I turn on the light, wait for 180 seconds, then turn the light off. At the moment when I walk into the room the light will turn on (good) if there is only 1 trigger this is good, if I stop moving, then move again the rule is triggered again, turning on the light (which is already on) then the first timer ticks over and turns the light off, then the motion turns the light on again. which is about when the 2nd rules timer turns the light off again etc... My desk lamp has been flashing at me for the past 5 minutes :?

Suggestions

1. It would be nice (as mentioned by another user) to prioritize rules, so a light staying on for security reasons will always stay on if its triggered by the door switch. regardless if somebody has triggered a PIR for which the same lamp is used as a convenience/safety lamp.

Keep up the great work,

Shane

LGNilsson

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 01:50:25 am »
Massive thanks for all the very helpful feedback.
I've passed it all on to the software team to have a look at, since I'm still at CES for another 30h or so and then I got a rather long flight back to Taiwan until I can really help with any of this.
It's all really useful stuff and the software team has clearly made some interesting assumptions about how the rules should or shouldn't work. A few of you really made me laugh at the oddities you were seeing ;D

Offline k1m

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 06:42:53 am »
I too had the automation fight.  It was with my front door lock. As soon as I finished punching in the unlock code, the almond would re lock the door.  I had to pull out my key to get in.  So I deleted the rules, only to find out the rule didn't really go away until I finally rebooted the almond. 

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 02:27:25 pm »
I haven't been fiddling with any rules today and wifi has been solid for both 2.4 and 5GHz networks. I'll do further testing later today.

Both wireless networks have been fine, but http://10.10.10.254/cgi-bin/luci stopped loading. Trying a reboot from the touchscreen just hung. Had to pull the plug.

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
Re: R069cb Issues
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 05:47:39 pm »
Upgrade has caused these issues, some of which were mentioned earlier:
1. Time does not sync.
2. Weather hangs up trying to retrieve and never does, causing a lock up.
3. Can no longer access cloud: "Unable to connect to HTTPS."
4. I think this is related to 3, I can no longer access share drive.

Elliott

Offline Hokieingermantown

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 10:34:46 am »
Yes, a couple of times, it seem like status quo from last firmware. It works for a couple of open/closed cycles then the almond+ stops showing state-changes, despite the red led showing that it sends a state change. Have tried it on a door 2 m from Almon+ so range should not be an issue.

Mike - I have this same issue but slightly different - I installed R069bc several days ago and made no changes to configuration outside what was already set in R066.
Same thing - when the almond reboots it comes on for 30 seconds or so and then freezes and you can't get back into.
I was playing with the rules for Port Forwarding trying to configure a static IP for my PC and open ports for my Plex.
Since saving the config, that is when these problems started.

One other thing is that for some reason on reboot - the Almond + by default is trying to force 192.168.1.1 which I never put into it.  I assume its pulling it from somewhere else as I used to have a Netgear.  I can clear this by going through the wizard again where it picks up the proper IPs both from Comcast and assigns the 10.10.x.x for my home network but am confused why it did it.

AT present - I cannot use the almond+ unless I can edit the config or roll back the software.
I will try to direct connect and see if i can do this.  I also could not get the reset button on the top to do anything!?
Is there an option for factory reset or default reset available?

LGNilsson

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 06:31:15 pm »
You have to press and hold the rest button for 10 seconds before the Almond+ will reset.

Offline bwainscott

• Backer
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 10:15:10 pm »
The Rules tab is completely messed up and useless in Firefox on my Windows 7 box, but OK in Internet Explorer.

I got locked out of the WebUI (totally unresponsive), which a reboot fixed (for now).  If it happens again I'll revert the firmware while I have a chance -- wouldn't want to get completely locked out and be unable to update the firmware in the future!

As for the automation: the keyfob works: I set the "arm all" to turn out all my lights and lock my door, and it did, which was great.  (BTW - locking the door works now, which it did not before).  Everything else SEEMS OK so far (SMB access to the USB drive, DLNA, VPN all work)

Offline YTN

• Backer
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2015, 01:02:34 am »
(this may double post since I got logged out when trying to submit...)

Couple things of note with the new firmware:

Time syncs via NTP, but there is no option to set the timezone, so time is displayed in GMT.

Weather app times out.

If you have screen lock enabled and the time is being displayed, when you tap the screen to close the clock, the screen does not prompt for the unlock code. The default screen lock timeout should still be in effect (even though the clock is visible).

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 12:22:56 pm »
(this may double post since I got logged out when trying to submit...)

Couple things of note with the new firmware:

Time syncs via NTP, but there is no option to set the timezone, so time is displayed in GMT.

Weather app times out.

If you have screen lock enabled and the time is being displayed, when you tap the screen to close the clock, the screen does not prompt for the unlock code. The default screen lock timeout should still be in effect (even though the clock is visible).
Time and the weather app are very much in beta, I think some one stated this is the first build they have been in. You can set your time zone by using openwrt.

The Rules tab is completely messed up and useless in Firefox on my Windows 7 box, but OK in Internet Explorer.

I got locked out of the WebUI (totally unresponsive), which a reboot fixed (for now).  If it happens again I'll revert the firmware while I have a chance -- wouldn't want to get completely locked out and be unable to update the firmware in the future!

As for the automation: the keyfob works: I set the "arm all" to turn out all my lights and lock my door, and it did, which was great.  (BTW - locking the door works now, which it did not before).  Everything else SEEMS OK so far (SMB access to the USB drive, DLNA, VPN all work)
I had the same problem, seems to be a file caching problem. Deleting browsing cache or after a few forced refreshes it fixed it for me.

Offline bwainscott

• Backer
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 02:21:18 pm »
I had the same problem, seems to be a file caching problem. Deleting browsing cache or after a few forced refreshes it fixed it for me.

Yes, you are right -- after I did a forced refresh this morning the rules UI in Firefox looked just fine.  Should have thought of that myself -- thanks for the tip.

Offline chitechguy

• Backer
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2015, 01:21:04 pm »
GE Link bulb - turns off with rules no problem, cannot turn on with rules. (Tried using Arm-All to either set state to on, set dimmer to 70, 99, etc., set both. No changes). Same with time-based rules.

Keyfob (from Securifi kickstarter) - States reported on "sensor status" do not match available rule states. For instance "Arm Perimiter is a state in sensors, but not available in rules.

Wishlist:
Edit rules.
Manually trigger rules.
Fade-on or fade-off feature without manually entering multiple levels and timers.

Offline j8048188

• Backer
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2015, 10:38:49 pm »
I'd love a fade-on feature. My current wake-up rule looks like this:
Triggers
At 5 hrs 25 mins On Mon.Wed.Fri.
Actions
Wait for 0 Sec, do Light --- 01
Wait for 0 Sec, do Light --- true
Wait for 60 Sec, do Light --- 25
Wait for 60 Sec, do Light --- 50
Wait for 60 Sec, do Light --- 75
Wait for 60 Sec, do Light --- 99
Wait for 0 Sec, do Light --- true

LGNilsson

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 10:55:32 pm »
I've passed this on to the software team.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 17 queries.