bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: R069cb Issues  (Read 18359 times)

Offline Pradeep

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: R069cb Issues
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2015, 02:45:03 am »
GE Link bulb - turns off with rules no problem, cannot turn on with rules. (Tried using Arm-All to either set state to on, set dimmer to 70, 99, etc., set both. No changes). Same with time-based rules.

Keyfob (from Securifi kickstarter) - States reported on "sensor status" do not match available rule states. For instance "Arm Perimiter is a state in sensors, but not available in rules.

Wishlist:
Edit rules.
Manually trigger rules.
Fade-on or fade-off feature without manually entering multiple levels and timers.

Yes, "Edit Rules" and "Fade-on and Fade-off" are expected to come soon. Coming to "Manually trigger rules", it is whole together a separate implementation called scenes. They are also expected to come soon.

Offline dmwyatt

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 08:36:23 am »
I set up a rule that when my front door is unlocked, the lamps on the front porch and foyer come on. They do come on but it took about 10 seconds to do so - it would be nice if that was a bit faster.

The biggest issues is that the rule only works when I unlock from a browser or my iOS app. If I unlock from the keypad on the lock, the rule does not work. I am not sure if this is by design, but it would be nice if it did work.  I anticipate wanting to turn off the alarm when someone unlocks the door and the two seem so similar.

LGNilsson

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 11:08:46 pm »
Which bulbs/switches are you using? Never seen that kind of a delay. I presume you didn't add a delay inbetween?

I'm honestly not sure if we can detect when the door is unlocked via the keypad, it might be a lock limitation, but I'd have to check.

Offline dmwyatt

• Beta Testers
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2015, 12:55:44 am »
I used a stopwatch and the process takes just over seven seconds. When I hit the unlock button, it takes about 4.75 seconds for the sensor data to update and the lock to cycle, then another 2.5 seconds for the light to come on. The lock is a Schlage FE599NX and the switch is a GE/Jasco 45609. There are no delays programmed in between.

LGNilsson

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2015, 04:02:09 am »
Well, the lock is mechanical, so I can't do anything about that, it's only as fast as the manufacturer has made it.
That said, 2.5 second delay seems long to switch on lights, considering doing it manually has a lag of between 0.5-1.5 seconds with normal lag being around 0.8-1 second for me in Taiwan. Admittedly I haven't tried the specific delay with that switch, but Z-Wave tends to have a slightly longer delay compared to ZigBee in my experience.
That said, the rules is still in very early Beta in this build, so expect things to improve and I'll talk to the software team to see if we can do something like when the lock is initiated, then the next thing should happen, rather than after the lock has already been unlocked.

Offline dmwyatt

• Beta Testers
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2015, 02:10:21 pm »
Regarding running rules when unlocking from the keypad:  Other HA systems have the option to send a notification that indicates which person unlocked the door. This can let you know when a child comes home as opposed to a spouse, etc.  I assume this is done by the lock code, but may well be wrong.

LGNilsson

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2015, 09:41:04 pm »
It should be, yes and it's something we should be able to do down the road.

Offline wcurin

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 01:01:30 am »
I seem to be able to get the 5Ghz Radio to reliably crash out and need a reboot to come back.
I have a device on an Intel-AC NIC and if it starts sending a large file over SMB it will crash the radio out after a few minutes. The device it's sending to is a Drobo 5N going through a gigabit switch connected to the Almond+
This may be the same for the 2.4Gig radio as well but the Intel-AC NIC in question is particularly awful on that band so I don't use it at all.
What sort of logs would you like for this?

Offline Fire69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: R069bc Issues
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2015, 04:26:03 pm »
[...]
3. At the moment it appears that the rule is being run everytime the trigger is true, without terminating the already running instance of the rule.

I have a PIR and a Light. When there is moment I turn on the light, wait for 180 seconds, then turn the light off. At the moment when I walk into the room the light will turn on (good) if there is only 1 trigger this is good, if I stop moving, then move again the rule is triggered again, turning on the light (which is already on) then the first timer ticks over and turns the light off, then the motion turns the light on again. which is about when the 2nd rules timer turns the light off again etc... My desk lamp has been flashing at me for the past 5 minutes :?

[...]

Thanks to Lars, I finally got my Hue-lights working and the first thing I wanted to do was get the light in my bathroom on a PIR sensor (my kids always forget to turn of the lights  >:( ).
I ran into the same problem...
I made two rules:
- If motion, light on
- If no motion, wait 120sec, light off

The problem is, the sensor that Securifi supplied has (in my opinion) some strange behaviour.
When it detects motion, the led turns on and it sends a 'Motion' signal.  Then the led turns off again, and it immediately sends a 'No motion' signal.
The result of this is, as shstevenson explained, that even if there is still motion, the light goes off after 120sec and it immediately turns on again.
What happens next depends on how the detection time for the PIR is set. For example, if it detects motion every 30sec, the light goes on and off every 30 sec.
Quite annoying and pretty much unusable   ;)

Should I use another rule to turn off the light, or is this something that the software team has to fix?  :)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2015, 04:33:21 pm »
I noticed a similar issue. Different sensors though. I think it is a rule limitation. I am going to have different rules. One for if motion turn on. A second for if no motion, wait x minutes then turn off.

Amritendu

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2015, 06:25:40 pm »
Any one of you tried adjusting the sensitivity and time lag knobs over the Securifi Motion sensor?

Offline Fire69

• Backer
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2015, 06:46:21 pm »
Any one of you tried adjusting the sensitivity and time lag knobs over the Securifi Motion sensor?

Yep.  Sensitivity doesn't really do anything about this problem.
Time lag however does.  That's what I meant with:
"What happens next depends on how the detection time for the PIR is set. For example, if it detects motion every 30sec, the light goes on and off every 30 sec."

If you set the time lag at 5sec, your light will start going on and off every 5sec as long as motion is detected.
If you set it at 1min, the loop start at 1min.
You get the idea?  :)

I removed both my rules now and replaced it with 1 rule.
On motion, light ON AND wait 5, then light OFF.

Same problem occurs, but it saves me 1 rules and keeps the rules list cleaner...
I'm hoping they'll fix this soon enough.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 17 queries.