bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Export logs  (Read 2649 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Export logs
« on: January 12, 2015, 06:58:32 pm »
I would love to see a way for the almond+ to export / save logs to a third party. I don't mean the error logs, though that would be useful for some people I'm sure. I mean logs of the smart / router actions. For example, send a log every day at midnight that shows when lights were turned on, door locks open (and what code was entered) or closed, door sensors triggered, etc as well as a log of network actions such as when devices are connected, when they are disconnected, if the network goes down or loses the connection from the modem. And when I say a third party I mean saving them to my drive or dropbox (or other service) or emailing them to a particular address. This could be very beneficial for security system components like locks and door sensors and could be helpful if troubleshooting network issues.

Offline rpr69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Export logs
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 12:59:11 pm »
I have done something that is somewhat related to what you are talking about, check the Wiki for 'Internet of Things' for a detailed description, but I basically setup a way to log sensor values to cloud based services. I haven't tried it after the latest firmware upgrade, but I don't think it would be a huge issue to get it working. My setup logs every x minutes, not on every event, but it could be tweaked for that.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 09:05:02 pm »
Thanks! I will have to look into it!

Offline eldaria

• Kickstarter Developer
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 07:13:42 am »
It seems that events from the home Automation system are logged to /tmp/haserver.log
I suppose if one could in some way re-direct this to the syslogd process then you could have it log to a remote syslog server.

This might actually be interesting, I will see when I have the time how I could do this, I already log the normal router log to a remote syslog server, so I just need to figure out a way to also log the events from the Home automation server.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 22 queries.