Choose style:

Author Topic: Fortrezz MimoLite  (Read 11271 times)

Offline jjbiese

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Fortrezz MimoLite
« on: August 18, 2014, 08:33:33 pm »
Fortrezz MimoLite from Amazon: http://amzn.com/B00B6RZ7MM

I am using it as a garage door opener connected similar to this diagram:

http://www.fortrezz.com/index.php/component/jdownloads/finish/4/17?Itemid=0

There is a lot of good information here including a description of the class usage.

http://www.fortrezz.com/index.php/products/mimolite

It paired as a siren and I can open and close the garage door from the Display, the webUI and, Cloud but there is no indication that it is open or closed.

The device contains and input COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY and output COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY and a few others that I really don't care about.

Connect.Securify.com(cloud) says false or unsupported. (see attachment)

Local web interface and the display says off regardless if it open or closed. (see attachment)

I cannot control it from the android app.

LGNilsson

Re: Fortrezz MimoLite
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 07:22:16 am »
To be honest, I don't think we support that sensor yet, but then again, it shouldn't show up as a siren and we have a few other reports of this, so I've notified the software team about this.

Offline jjbiese

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 08:53:02 pm »
I found this on the Fortezz website FAQ page. It may help.

I have your MIMOlite installed and working with my X controller so that the relay can be toggled to open and close my garage door.   I have it setup as in the diagram on your website.   I would like to get the wired sensor working so that I can tell whether the garage door is opened or closed.   Could you tell me the ZWave command and what the payload would be for the contact sensor?

Using your controller, you should be able to set up Association Group #4 in the MIMOlite (with the controller as an associated node).   This will cause Binary Sensor Reports to be automatically sent to the controller indicating the state of the changed input with the following payloads:

0xFF = SIG1 contacts open
0x00 = SIG1 contacts shorted

This is assuming that the MIMOlite configuration parameter 8 is set to ‘digital’ (b0 = 1).  If your sensor does not open or short the contacts but instead supplies a voltage, the ‘analog’; configuration (Parameter 8, b0 = 0) may need to be set up.  The ‘digital’; configuration has a threshold around 1V while the ‘analog’; configuration can have a threshold and hysteresis within a wide range of voltages.  Refer to FortrezZ’s MIMOlite Configuration Utility for help in determining ‘analog’; thresholds and configuration settings.If you don’t want to use Association groups, you could set the controller to periodically poll the state of the input. You could use the Basic Command Class Get command or the Binary Sensor Get command to query the MIMOlite.  With either command the same payload considerations mentioned above apply.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 04:43:15 am »
Can you do me a favour? Can you add the sensor to your Almond+, then as soon as you've done this, go to Help, Send Logs and send a log.
In the text box provided, please enter the name of the sensor.

Offline jjbiese

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 07:22:16 pm »
Sent the log. Sorry for the delay, I was out of town.

Offline tt4me

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 04:45:18 pm »
I would be very interested in full support for this device as well.

Mine is on the way.

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 01:41:17 am »
Btw, the siren thing will be fixed in the next firmware that should be out in about two weeks.

Offline jjbiese

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 08:49:51 pm »
With R066 it identifies it as a binary switch or other instead of siren. I can still trigger the switch to open the garage door.  Now I just wish it had support for the built in Binary Sensor. Crossing fingers it's soon. If you need any more data let me know.

Offline tt4me

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 10:31:54 am »
With R066 it identifies it as a binary switch or other instead of siren. I can still trigger the switch to open the garage door.  Now I just wish it had support for the built in Binary Sensor. Crossing fingers it's soon. If you need any more data let me know.

Are you able to get the momentary switch part to work?  I have one of these, and regardless of the jumper setting, it seems to just be complete ON or complete OFF, no OFF ON OFF as I expected.  Granted, I do not have this hooked up to anything, so maybe that has something to do with it.  It's just plugged into a wall at the moment.

Offline jjbiese

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 10:46:27 am »
I have the jumper removed and it is working as a momentary switch.  It works great for opening and closing my garage door from the Android App, but there is no indication in the App that it is working.

Offline tt4me

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 10:57:36 am »
I have the jumper removed and it is working as a momentary switch.  It works great for opening and closing my garage door from the Android App, but there is no indication in the App that it is working.

Thanks for the reply.  I'll play with it some more.  Right now I have my Raspberry Pi controlling and monitoring everything.  Hoping, to one day migrate to the Almond+.

Offline jjbiese

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 12:03:30 am »
R067 and.......nothing changed. Now we get the message they are not working on sensor support.   >:(

LGNilsson

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 12:10:45 am »
Look, this is one of the more complex sensors that we could possible support and it requires a lot of changes from our side on how we control and discover sensors.
I didn't say we're not working on sensor support, I said we're not working on any new sensor support.
We've got issues with several of the already supported sensors that we want to address first as things aren't working as well as they should and we've got a full time guy working on this.
Most of the rest of the team is working on getting automation to a usable level before we'll continue adding support for new sensors, as at the moment, this is the most requested feature of the Almond+ and something we're now at least two months behind schedule on.
We simply can't be on par with Vera on day one, they have a five year lead or so on us, so please give us half a chance, as these things are quite complex. Keep in mind that unlike Vera, we have quite complex UI's for all of our sensors and we have to make UI for the LCD, the cloud, the local web UI and of course the Android and iOS apps as well.
We fully understand that many of you are frustrated that your device isn't working as it should, but please show me one other home automation hub beyond the Vera that works with just about any random piece of Z-Wave hardware on the market.
I put up the other post to set expectations right, as I'd rather be straight with you guys to let you know what's going on, than promise things that aren't being delivered.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:13:38 am by Lars »

Offline layotte

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 01:58:40 am »
I wanted to rez this old topic to ask if the Mimolite still shows as up as a binary switch?  Can anyone let me know before I buy the sensor?  I know some folks don't like how their is no feedback if the door is actually closed so my thoughts were to rig a zwave door sensor to the garage door and track to if the door is closed or not.   

Offline jjbiese

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 10:58:21 am »
I am using it successfully as a momentary switch. It changes state (on/off) quickly. The other functions like status don't work so I am using a Everspring SM103-1 window/door switch connected to a magnetic garage door switch.

I hope to use the window/door switch for other uses if they get the mimolite status working.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck