Choose style:

Author Topic: In Wall Dimmer Switches  (Read 11369 times)

Offline Hoju

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: In Wall Dimmer Switches
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 10:12:26 pm »
I followed your steps and my summer is working so thanks. Almond and dimmer are far apart so couldn't check which step did it.

LGNilsson

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 01:14:36 am »
@Lars, what happens if my Z-Wave hub (e.g. my Almond+) goes dies (and needs to be replaced) With my hub dead, I cannot reset the Z-Waves connected to it? Do you know how I can add them to my new Z-Wave hub?

This sounds like a "normal" use-case that Z-Wave must have thought about, no?

Thnanks

In our case, you can remove any Z-Wave device, even if it was paired to another gateway by using the remove option under Add Sensor in the LCD UI. I don't know how other manufacturers does this, as it varies. With Vera you can use their push button method, but it's a bit tricky stick.

LGNilsson

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 01:18:26 am »
Lars, I hate to disagree... But that did not happen with my dimmers (nor with my Link bulbs previously). Removing them from the Almond+ did not allow them to be re-added. The switches just sat there and acted independent until I (somehow) triggered their reset. After that they were able to be added normally.

Whether that is an Almond+ bug with the Linear WD500Z-1 switches or a bug of the switches themselves I do not know. I am running 69cb.

Ok, Z-Wave is guaranteed to work like this, as there's no other way to reset a Z-Wave device, trust me on this. It's done by design and it's part of the standard. Normally you'd remove a Z-Wave device in the same way as you add it, unless it goes into auto pairing mode when you add it. Normally you have to press a button 1-3 times within a certain period of time to add/remove a Z-Wave device. This is not a bug on our side, this works 110% of the time.

ZigBee is an entirely different matter and to remove mains powered ZigBee devices, go into Connected Sensors, tap on Edit, then remove. This will send a "force reset" from the Almond+ to the ZigBee device and it'll reset to factor default. Note that this does not work for battery powered devices which have to be manually reset.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck