Choose style:

Author Topic: Securifi Sensor Battery Life  (Read 11723 times)

Offline svijayan

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Securifi Sensor Battery Life
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 09:53:12 pm »
I am having the same problem too.  Sesors started showing low battery after 1-2 weeks. I noticed it after I installed the iOS app.

LGNilsson

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 12:11:55 am »
Still waiting for a response from our sensor partner. They haven't managed to reproduce the issue, so not much we can do as yet.

Offline RichS

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 09:57:07 pm »
I had the same issue with my door sensors, and the battery had a date from 2013. I replaced the battery in one and so far, so good. But I only replaced it today.

Offline rpr69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 05:20:52 pm »
As another data point, I ordered two contact switches with my Almond+, one of them had a completely dead battery out of the box, the other one was ok.

LGNilsson

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 11:29:00 pm »
One thing worth trying on the door sensors, try bending the metal part that touches the bottom of the battery a bit so it makes better contact. This has apparently solved the low battery problem for someone the emailed our support team.

I'm surprised so many dead batteries have shipped, but I've confirmed that the date on the batteries is the production date.

We can get the sensors replaced if it comes to it, but it'll be done by our sensor partner and I have yet to have a confirmation from as to how we should proceed in doing it.

Offline rpr69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2014, 08:59:39 pm »
I tried the tab mod, it didn't work. When I swapped batteries, the problem followed the battery, so it was definitely the problem. I just bought a pack of new batteries and was up and running without issue.

Offline k1m

• Backer
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2014, 11:14:48 pm »
I had one of the door sensors have a low battery when I received them, I didn't think much of it, I just replaced it. Today, my other door sensor's is showing low battery. So.... Maybe there is an issue?

LGNilsson

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 04:19:39 am »
Please keep us posted on how you guys get on with the new batteries.
Our sensor partner is still investigating what's going on as they haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

Offline Schwartz

• Backer
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2014, 08:45:43 pm »
I had to replace my Securifi flood sensor batteries after only being in use for just over a month.

LGNilsson

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 10:17:30 pm »
That's surprising, we haven't had any other reports about those having battery issues as they use a different type of batteries. It's also not something we've noticed internally.

Offline btosch

• Backer
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 03:49:00 pm »
Just as I go to try out the new ability to make rules I find that three door sensors and one motion detector have dead batteries.

Offline KP4

• Backer
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 06:53:12 pm »
Just as I go to try out the new ability to make rules I find that three door sensors and one motion detector have dead batteries.
I had the same problem with many of my sensors.  Customer service told me that in some cases it might be a loose battery, but that wasn't my case. I replaced them on my own, but would like your supplier/partner to acknowledge the problem that they supposedly cannot duplicate.  Too many of us ended up with a bad batch; mine were dated October 2013. Thanks!

LGNilsson

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2015, 06:32:44 pm »
So far we've only had confirmation that some PIR sensors might have a component issue.
I still haven't had a confirmation how they want to solve this problem, but I'll bring it up with them this week, as I'm back from CES now.

Offline k1m

• Backer
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 12:14:35 pm »
Last week, the same door sensor that had the issue earlier in this thread is again reporting low battery, this will be the third new battery for the sensor, the batteries work without issue in my numerous sure fire flashlights all batteries have been from the same batch.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck