bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Latest beta AP mode static IP  (Read 3381 times)

Offline YTN

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Latest beta AP mode static IP
« on: January 12, 2015, 11:49:14 pm »
I updated to the latest beta and unless I am missing something, there doesn't seem to be an option to set the LAN IP to be static. I tried setting it in the openwrt configuration, but this had no effect and it just reverted back to DCHP.

Will a static IP be supported in the final release? It's kind of a pain if you need to connect to the web URL since it's unknown what IP the Almond+ is using (and name resolution to the almond+ isn't working from my windows machine).

Thanks.

Offline Rahaman

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Latest beta AP mode static IP
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 12:31:55 am »
Hi..

If you only want to check the IP address of your A+ router in AP mode then no need to change the IP address statically.
just check on your A+ 1st HOME SCREEN > STATUS > BASIC. you will find there what ip your A+ using.

Offline xaminmo

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 12:46:51 am »
Hi..

If you only want to check the IP address of your A+ router in AP mode then no need to change the IP address statically.
just check on your A+ 1st HOME SCREEN > STATUS > BASIC. you will find there what ip your A+ using.

That doesn't help when you're not physically at the router.
Geek, pilot, cyclist, parent.

Offline YTN

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 01:09:52 am »
Right... I don't want to have to gain physical access to the Almond+ in order to determine what IP it's using so I can log into the web admin.

It is preferable (at least for me) to configure all my servers with a static IP e.g. my primary (ISP) router, my wifi routers etc.

Btw, whilst configuring the DHCP server with a static IP for a specific ethernet address will work, that is not ideal and IMO is backward for how static IPs should be setup.

I usually maintain a range for static configuration, and the remainder is allocated to the DCHP server.

Also, it would be nice if name resolution to the almond+ worked, but I am guessing that requires setting up and getting WINS and / or SAMBA working on the almond+?

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck