Choose style:

Author Topic: Aeon Labs Aotech Multi-Sensor  (Read 37055 times)

Vito

Re: Aeon Labs Aotech Multi-Sensor
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 11:54:44 am »
I have several of these, but I believe they're only reporting temperature and Securifi is supposed to be working on adding support for the other sensors it contains.  Mine are wired for power.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 01:08:05 pm »
Thanks. Somehow I missed that on the site. I had some questions for Aeon Labs lately and got their answers just the other day (about future products mostly). Have to see how follow-ups go... But they do have some interesting stuff.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 02:03:08 pm »
Those of you that have these, do they have a power plug so I can have it on a wall-wart in addition to the batteries?
don't have mine in front of me right now but if I remember right the USB port would be blocked by the batteries.

Offline Wynn

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 02:04:49 pm »
I just got the Gen5 version of this multisensor, which supports ZwavePlus for added range. The sensor pairs, but shows as Unsupported Device. I never saw a prompt for selecting the type of sensor. Did I miss something, or is this the best I can get until support is added?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 04:45:21 pm »
I didn't realize they had shipped a new version of this already. If it shows unsupported it must be using a different firmware / chipset than the originals. I don't know if Z wave Plus is backward compatible with non-plus hubs or not.

Offline Wynn

• Peanut
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 05:05:19 pm »
Yes, according to the FAQ, it is supposed to be 100% compatible.
http://z-wavealliance.org/z-wave_plus_certification/

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 05:44:22 pm »
I just got mine a couple weeks age, didn't knoe a new version was coming. Are there any differences, besides Zwave plus?

Offline Wynn

• Peanut
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 09:42:50 pm »
This is the first one I've owned, so I can't compare it to the previous version. As far as I understand, the extended wifi range due to Zwave Plus is the only difference.

LGNilsson

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2015, 02:55:14 am »
I just got the Gen5 version of this multisensor, which supports ZwavePlus for added range. The sensor pairs, but shows as Unsupported Device. I never saw a prompt for selecting the type of sensor. Did I miss something, or is this the best I can get until support is added?

That's an issue on our side, for some reason which I'm not entirely sure about, Z-Wave Plus sensors don't seem to pair properly with the Almond+ at the moment.

Offline MusicPDX

• Chestnut
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 01:50:42 am »
I have three of these sensors in the house. I use battery power, and used the Micro USB input for firmware update via computer. You can download the file from Aeon Labs.

Im impressed with battery life -- mine have been in use for over a month now and still show 100% charge. Seem very efficient
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:53:03 am by MusicPDX »

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 12:17:10 pm »
That's an issue on our side, for some reason which I'm not entirely sure about, Z-Wave Plus sensors don't seem to pair properly with the Almond+ at the moment.

Has the Z-Wave Plus support been improved?

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2015, 02:12:46 pm »
Has the Z-Wave Plus support been improved?

Bump

Offline pluggin

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 08:16:35 pm »
http://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-Aeotec-Z-Wave-Multi-Sensor/dp/B008D5TYGU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421166810&sr=8-1&keywords=aeotec+z-wave

Paired fine, but the Almond+ prompted me to choose which type of sensor (Door, Shock, Motion or Other).  I first tried motion and it paired but did not seem to work properly.  I couldnt get it to trigger or reset and no mention of temp, light or humidity in senor settings from IOS or Web App. 

How do you pair it to Almond+. I have one of this but could never pair it. Please I need a little help here.
Regards
Almod+ - 4 open/close door sensor - 1 Peanut Plug - 1 Aeotec multisensor - 1 Aeotec microdrimmer - 1 everspring siren - 2 Almond keyfob

Offline pluggin

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2015, 09:54:04 pm »
How do you pair it to Almond+. I have one of this but could never pair it. Please I need a little help here.
Regards
I made a firmware update and now can paired it like motion sensor only. I expect next Almond+ firmware support all sensor functionality.
Regards
Almod+ - 4 open/close door sensor - 1 Peanut Plug - 1 Aeotec multisensor - 1 Aeotec microdrimmer - 1 everspring siren - 2 Almond keyfob

Offline obmd1

• Backer
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2015, 08:52:25 pm »
So... this was working as a motion sensor through R076. It also measured humidity, albeit only through the LCD on the almond. Now, in R80, it is recognized through the LCD ONLY, measures humidity, senses motion and luminescence, but is Unrecognized through the web UI, as well as the iOS app ( one of it's many issues). And all rules that involved it are dead. It is "unrecognized by the rules engine.

Am I missing something? Is anyone running this successfully in R80, or do I have to roll back to R76?

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck