bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Experiences with port forward and SIP clients?  (Read 2346 times)

Offline lk96

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Experiences with port forward and SIP clients?
« on: January 14, 2015, 11:55:52 am »
Hello:
I'm a new user of the Almond+ and I just got it as part of the "pre-ordering" since I missed the Kickstarter campaign.
Overall I'm happy and I know that things will improve a lot over the next few releases. I also really like
that OpenWRT underneath that allows for deeper tweaking. It currently runs the latest officially released firmware
(I believe it's R069).

I wanted to know if people in the forum have successfully put Almost+ to use in scenarios that involve:

1. port forwarding (mostly to SIP clients and VPN server)
2. Vonage phone service

I ha a limited time-window opportunity to validate the A+ before I swap my old Dlink.
I have already transferred my manually configured settings from the old router to A+ (it involved
mostly bunch of static mac->IP assignments, few TCP and UDP port forwards, some L2TP/IPsec port forwarding which I'm doing on a separate device for now, etc).
So I did some of them on the "pretty' GUI and bunch of them on the OpenWRT side.

Restarted/rebooted most of relevant devices at my home setup and the quick outcome was that neither my
SIP clients, nor my Vonage service were automatically working. My Mac laptop though did get proper
network connectivity.

I will resume investigation whenever I get my next window of availability to tinker
with my house setup. But I wanted to quickly probe the folks in the forum that have put the A+ in use whether
such functionality has been exercised.

thanks much for any feedback.

L.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.