bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Cree Light Bulbs  (Read 27380 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Cree Light Bulbs
« on: January 15, 2015, 03:25:24 pm »
Officially unveiled by Cree, for ~$15 a zigbee light bulb compatible with wink. Be interested in seeing if it works out of the box with A+ since the GE Link bulbs are working and did so. I don't know any of the technical aspects of the bulbs other than what was provided in this article http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/crees-smart-light-bulb-costs-15/ . I'm sure there is more information out there. It seems it will be sold at home depot.

Offline j8048188

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Cree Light Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 09:55:08 pm »
I might have to get one to compare to the GE Link bulbs...

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:15:30 pm »
Teardown of the non connected version

Their connected bulb is using this chipset http://www.atmel.com/devices/ATSAMR21G18A.aspx so it might not be compatible, yet...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:04:15 pm by Lars »

Offline uforiax

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 07:42:48 pm »
Just bought a set of 5, tried them, they turned on...but didnt show anywhere on Almond+.  They -did- just get released in stores today I believe...so they havent had much test time yet....and they state they are ZigBee certified...so Im hoping someone will figure these bad boys out....they are quite a nice bulb.

Offline jjbiese

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 11:01:43 pm »
I wonder if you have to reset the bulb first. I had to reset the GE Link bulb before I was able to connect it to the Almond. Here are the instructions from the Cree FAQ page to reset it:

If you have successfully set up your compatible hub, but cannot get a Cree® Connected LED bulb to pair with the hub in the applicable app, you can factory reset your bulbs. To do this, install your bulb in a light fixture and turn it on. (Tip – for best results, install the bulb where you can turn the power off at a wall switch.) Turn the light switch on and off at two second intervals until the light blinks once to indicate it has reset. This should happen at the 4th full on-off cycle. You can then turn the light off and pair the bulb with your hub via the mobile App.

Offline KP4

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 02:09:37 am »
The Cree lightbulb connected to my A+ without a hitch.  All I had to do was to power on the bulb, and then I added the new sensor to my A+.

Offline dbuttke

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 06:48:05 pm »
http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,2594.15.html
This thread has people less successful than you are. What firmware version are you running?

LGNilsson

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 09:18:50 pm »
This might help, even though it's not related to our product, but rather bout how to add the Cree bulbs to a Hue hub - https://gigaom.com/2015/01/28/how-to-add-15-cree-lights-to-your-pricey-philips-hue-system/
Apparently the trick is to leave the Cree bulb off, start the pairing process on the Hue hub and then switch the bulb on.
So on the Almond+ I guess you should tap on Add first, then switch the bulb on and they should pair.

Offline Zexon83

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 08:32:56 pm »
Not sure which of the Threads about the Cree Connected bulb I should put this on so I will try this one. I bought my first Cree bulb today and when I got it to connect (Lars was right, start the pairing process on the A+ then turn on the bulb) I can turn it on and off but the dimming functions don't work. According to the app the bulb is at 0% and when I try to change it It says "could not connect, please try again" and goes back to 0% even though the dim level did change. Is this something with my bulb or is it an A+ problem?

LGNilsson

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 01:18:48 am »
What happens if you try it via the LCD UI?

LGNilsson

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 06:54:54 am »
Looks like it can be hard to find them, because they're not always on display... I bet Cree must be happy about that...

I also picked up two $15 Cree Connected ZigBee bulbs—brand new at Home Depot. The sales associate had to get them down off an upper shelf as they were not on display yet.
http://zatznotfunny.com/2015-01/philips-hue-and-zigbee/

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 08:13:47 am »
I just read the same article. Was the same with the GE bulbs. I went to pick them up first day they were available and the store didn't even know what they were till I showed them their website showing in stock. They were very friendly and got them down for me once they located them.

Offline SnipeD

• Acorn
Cree Connected Bulbs
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 08:32:01 pm »
These are ZigBee compatible. Are these supported or will they be? Any additional equipment required?

Offline mparadis

• Backer

Offline SnipeD

• Acorn
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 12:26:29 am »
I just read the same article. Was the same with the GE bulbs. I went to pick them up first day they were available and the store didn't even know what they were till I showed them their website showing in stock. They were very friendly and got them down for me once they located them.

Yep, same here.  What is the pairing process? My A+ just says no hub connected, so I am doing it wrong.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 24 queries.

bottleneck