bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Cree Light Bulbs  (Read 26108 times)

LGNilsson

Re: Cree Light Bulbs
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 05:45:40 am »
As per my post above:
Apparently the trick is to leave the Cree bulb off, start the pairing process on the Hue hub and then switch the bulb on.
So on the Almond+ I guess you should tap on Add first, then switch the bulb on and they should pair.

You do this under ZigBee Z-Wave, not under Hue, i.e. the top option should be greyed out and you should see the option of Add, Remove and Remove all Sensors on the LCD screen.
The Hue options are only if you have a Hue hub already and want to connect that to the Almond+ for your Hue bulbs.

Offline SnipeD

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 02:07:31 pm »
Thank You, works great.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 02:24:03 pm »
Wow !!!! I can't believe for once , I am not the one that had an issue.  Local Big Orange finally had them in stock, so I grabbed one just to test . ( running out of light sockets that don't already have either TCP or GE bulbs , or on a connected switch).  The card in the pkg said to install the light, but leave it off until after you start to pair. I did that and although a lot slower than the GE bulbs and no blinking or other indication it was pairing it did pair with A+ fine. Showed up as a multilevel switch .

I can dim it fine through either the app or the LCD, BUT it does not show the proper power level. If I slide down to say 25% it will dim, then the slide indicator goes back to 99% even though the bulb remains at the 25%. Turning it off/on, it returns to the prior brightness although always showing 99%. To adjust brightness just ignore the percentage reading and slide up/down until it is at the brightness level you want.

LGNilsson

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 10:33:06 am »
A lot of the light bulb/dimmer related stuff for ZigBee has been fixed in the next firmware release, although it might not be spot on yet for some bulbs. The GE ones seems to be nigh on perfect now, but we still need to work a bit on the WeMo bulbs. As I don't have a Cree bulb yet, I don't know how well it'll work with them.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 09:51:29 pm »
Well I just installed R070 and while Cree bulb works, still not properly reading the brightness level (always reads 99%, except when adjusting slider) . Web UI gives a pop up to refresh and try again. Android App allows 1 change then "could not connect please try again" . I need to close out of the app and re=open it to adjust the lamp again.

LGNilsson

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 11:53:22 pm »
Well, we haven't actually gotten a bulb yet, so there's no "official" support as yet. Still, very odd behaviour, but we should be able to get that fixed as soon as our team get their hands on a bulb. I know we've ordered some, not sure when we're getting them.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 12:52:04 pm »
Well, we haven't actually gotten a bulb yet, so there's no "official" support as yet. Still, very odd behaviour, but we should be able to get that fixed as soon as our team get their hands on a bulb. I know we've ordered some, not sure when we're getting them.

The only reason I bought one, was I happened to be at Big Orange and saw the display. I remembered you mentioning you did not have one yet. I figured I could afford the $14 to play guinea pig and test it out.  It took me a while to figure out where to put it. I don't really need automation/remote control of the lamp on the end table  :) .

LGNilsson

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 08:18:35 pm »
Well, at least it's a cheap toy to play with and it should written with the rules too.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2015, 08:29:09 am »
That is the exact reason I got my GE Link's originally... Cheap enough to just try it out and it is a very obvious "feedback" mechanism. I may end up getting a CREE at this point just to check out the differences.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2015, 08:33:05 am »
In case anyone is interested I just stumbled across this video. It talks about the pinouts within the CREE light bulb that make it very easy to hack into another project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE-yrFMJDXo

Offline gof

• Backer
Anyone tested the new Cree Connected bulb yet?
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 06:22:47 pm »
Subject line says it all.  I did a search and didn't find any mention of it.  60W equivalent for 11.5W, E26 base, A19 format.  Claims compatible with Wink, Zigbee format.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
Re: Anyone tested the new Cree Connected bulb yet?
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 08:31:29 pm »
There is a thread in the Home Automation section about them:
http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,2514.0.html

LGNilsson

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 12:04:56 am »
Topics merged.

Offline simnick

• Backer
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 05:33:06 pm »
I just picked one up today from Home Depot, and once I moved it a bit closer, I was able to pair it easily. Shows up on the touchscreen & web UI, and then after a delay, on the app. I can successfully adjust on/off via all UI, but dimming is odd. It often misreports, and the iPhone app offers 0-255%, and it only works (sometimes) between 0-99.

LGNilsson

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 06:00:13 am »
We're working on fixing all of that.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck