Choose style:

Author Topic: Cree Light Bulbs  (Read 26115 times)

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Cree Light Bulbs
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2015, 11:32:58 pm »
i updated to 70as on the router and .3 for the android app. i can not control these bulba with the app or web interface anymore. i am able to use the touchscreen to turn them on and off. anyone else?

edit. putting in the factory reset procedure just for future reference.

To do this, just turn the bulb on and off at the light switch four times in rapid succession with a two second pause in each position. The fourth time the light comes on it will flicker once and you'll be able to add the bulb to whatever ZigBee hub you choose.

after performing a reset and re adding them to the almond i can control them from the app again.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 02:51:04 pm by jamenlang »
3x Cree connected bulbs - mostly working, some toggle failures using the app; Monoprice PIR - working, waiting for temperature rules;  Trane Thermostat - working; Linear T500Z - working; 3x GE outlets - working; Aeon G2 micro switch, working.

Offline simnick

• Backer
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2015, 03:16:20 am »
The touchscreen and web app are working fine for my Cree bulb. My Almond iOS app refuses to start now. Not sure if related to the new update or not.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:30:11 am by simnick »

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2015, 12:42:12 pm »
The cloud was down but it is up now, at least for me, so try again that may have been the issue.

Offline simnick

• Backer
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2015, 02:46:39 pm »
Yeah, that must have been it. Working now on iOS for my Cree bulb. Is there a status page somewhere?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 04:48:05 pm »
Usually it is posted on here, Lars was on a plane so it wasn't this time as he was caught unawares originally. If you try to log into the connect.securifi website, it'll say the cloud is down if the cloud is down. I think the apps will eventually too, at least I think it was mentioned that they would eventually.

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 10:18:37 pm »
I think my issue may be rules related. I have a rule set to turn both of my cree bulbs on at say 7pm, i tested quite a bit today and turned the lights on and off with the app and made sure they dimmed just fine. after the rule triggered neither light is operable with the app. but the touchscreen still works. maybe something to investigate.
3x Cree connected bulbs - mostly working, some toggle failures using the app; Monoprice PIR - working, waiting for temperature rules;  Trane Thermostat - working; Linear T500Z - working; 3x GE outlets - working; Aeon G2 micro switch, working.

LGNilsson

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2015, 12:03:16 pm »
Yeah, that must have been it. Working now on iOS for my Cree bulb. Is there a status page somewhere?

Not yet, but it's something that we're planning on adding.

LGNilsson

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2015, 12:04:01 pm »
I think my issue may be rules related. I have a rule set to turn both of my cree bulbs on at say 7pm, i tested quite a bit today and turned the lights on and off with the app and made sure they dimmed just fine. after the rule triggered neither light is operable with the app. but the touchscreen still works. maybe something to investigate.

Android or iOS?

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2015, 08:07:27 pm »
android. i'm sure it's not the apps fault, i can't use the web interface or connect.securifi.com's interface to control the bulbs either. just the touchscreen.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:44:56 pm by jamenlang »

LGNilsson

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2015, 04:43:05 am »
Ok, I've passed it on to the software team. Not sure if we got a cree bulb yet or not though.

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2015, 12:27:26 pm »
I am certain that rules for controlling the cree bulbs were working near perfectly on fw R070.

I will run the following test in a few hours:

1. unpair bulbs with the interface or factory reset and remove sensor.
2. re-pair bulbs.
3. test with touchscreen, local web interface, 3.15b android app, connect.securifi.com interface and verify the bulbs are all controllable.
4. set up a rule that turns the bulbs on at a specific time.
5. test the bulbs with the local web interface, 3.15b android app, connect.securifi.com interface and verify the bulbs are all controllable.
6. allow the rule to run. (previously this resulted in the bulbs not turning on at the specified time and breaking functionality of all of the control methods listed except for the touchscreen)
7. test the bulbs with the local web interface, 3.15b android app, connect.securifi.com interface and verify the bullbs are all controllable.
8. post results to this thread.

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2015, 05:08:08 pm »
1. test with touchscreen, local web interface, 3.15b android app, connect.securifi.com interface and verify the bulbs are all controllable.

result: touchscreen works for two cree connected bulbs, app, web portal and web interface fail to control bulbs.

2. unpair bulbs with the interface or factory reset and remove sensor.

3. re pair bulb.

4. test the bulb with the local web interface, 3.15b android app, connect.securifi.com interface and verify the bulb is controllable.

result: touchscreen works for controlling the bulb, app, web portal and web interface fail to control bulb.

5. set up a rule that turns the bulb on at a specific time.

6. allow the rule to run.

result: bulb turns on and off per rule actions. repeated 2 times with success.

7. test the bulb with the local web interface, 3.15b android app, connect.securifi.com interface and verify the bulb is controllable.

result: touchscreen works for controlling the bulb, app, web portal and web interface fail to control bulb.

Consensus: rules work, manual control works, cloud side doesn't work.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 05:10:19 pm by jamenlang »

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2015, 01:32:55 pm »
I brought this bug up before with the Cree bulbs. You are only allowed 1 action.  Not an issue if you are controlling with the app, since you can use your 1 action to turn the light on/off, then exit out of the app. Relaunch the app and you get your 1 action back.  I had not tried using a rule on the Crees , but it makes since that since the bulbs always show on/off 99% , that having a rule activate them would lock you out, until you disconnected/reconnected to them. ( at least in my head it does)

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2015, 10:42:57 am »
Were the zigbee transmit power levels were changed in R070as? It seems like from the touch screen i have to tap the button 10-100 times for the action to take effect.

LGNilsson

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2015, 01:55:34 am »
Unfortunately it doesn't seem like we were able to get hold of one, so for now, we can't really fine tune the support for these bulbs.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.