Choose style:

Author Topic: Cree Light Bulbs  (Read 26086 times)

Offline simnick

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Cree Light Bulbs
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2015, 01:57:04 am »
What prevents you from getting one? Is it shipping to another country that is the trouble? I can pick mine up in person at HD or order them online here in Seattle rather easily.

LGNilsson

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2015, 02:17:13 am »
More or less, yes.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2015, 08:33:52 am »
I have to go shopping today, and Home Depot is on the list of stops. Give me an address and I'll mail one to them.

LGNilsson

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2015, 10:35:53 pm »
I have to go shopping today, and Home Depot is on the list of stops. Give me an address and I'll mail one to them.

Thanks, see your PM inbox.

Offline plooker

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2015, 12:45:45 am »
Guys...has anyone confirmed Cree connected compat?  I see it on the list, but many posts are old, and other than  'start with light off',there seems to be no consensus.  Using the touchscreen, I am attempting to add a sensor, but it will not come up, on or off.  Directly plugged in to outlet, standard lamp, bulb works.  Please!  Surely someone has solved this, since these are on your approved list.  Lars?

LGNilsson

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2015, 01:25:58 am »
I don't have one yet so I can't really help, sorry.  :-\

Offline simnick

• Backer
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2015, 02:29:07 am »
Three of them are working fine for me. If you already turned it on and off before pairing, you may have issues, and should follow the steps mentioned on the first page: "Turn the light switch on and off at two second intervals until the light blinks once to indicate it has reset. This should happen at the 4th full on-off cycle. You can then turn the light off and pair the bulb with your hub"
I had that issue with my first one. If you keep them off until you are on the add screen, then turn it on for the first time when it tells you to pair them, it works just fine.

Nick

Offline plooker

• Acorn
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2015, 08:52:37 pm »
Tried to cycle, will try again.  Does it matter if lamp is one of those you have to twist stem twice to switch?  And there is nothing at all to activate on bulb?  Bc I saw one post talking about removing base, etc.  Thank you, Nick! 

Offline plooker

• Acorn
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2015, 09:46:43 pm »
Ok!  Got a fresh one to work.  Still haven't been able to reset 1st, but now have faith!  Thanks again!

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2015, 09:41:25 pm »
What firmware are you able to pair the cree bulbs with mine won't pair with R072. I've reset them so many times trying to get them to pair.

edit. i just went to the hue menu, hit every button on there, waited for it to say there are no hue controllers, went back to add a sensor , turned a cree bulb on, it showed up right away. finished adding, pressed add sensor again, turned on a second cree bulb and paired the 2nd bulb right away.

I don't know why it's working but i'm glad it is.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:03:32 pm by jamenlang »
3x Cree connected bulbs - mostly working, some toggle failures using the app; Monoprice PIR - working, waiting for temperature rules;  Trane Thermostat - working; Linear T500Z - working; 3x GE outlets - working; Aeon G2 micro switch, working.

LGNilsson

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2015, 01:26:25 am »
This is really odd. Can you please send us logs, under Help, Send Logs in the LCD UI.

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2015, 03:39:21 pm »
Certainly, I try to send logs after every main event.
3x Cree connected bulbs - mostly working, some toggle failures using the app; Monoprice PIR - working, waiting for temperature rules;  Trane Thermostat - working; Linear T500Z - working; 3x GE outlets - working; Aeon G2 micro switch, working.

Offline johnnyprivate

• Peanut
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2015, 07:27:50 am »
I don't have one yet so I can't really help, sorry.  :-\

Hi Lars.  Do you have plans to get one yet?  Any time frame in mind for that to happen?  Will there eventually be full support, including dimming for these Cree bulbs?  I'd prefer to buy them over the GE Link, but only if there will eventually be full support for them.  Thanks!

Offline johnnyprivate

• Peanut
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2015, 09:03:56 pm »
Went ahead and bought a Cree bulb.  It paired on the first try as a regular sensor (Multilevel switch).  From the web interface and LCD screen, toggling and dimming seems to work well.  From the Android app toggling works well for me.  The dimming feature does dim to the selected slider value, but then gives a "Updating sensor data.  Please wait.  Could not connect.  Please try again." error and shows the dimmer slider back at 99%.  However, the actual dimming does take place, so apart from waiting approx 10 seconds for the app to return control to the user and living with the slider always showing 99% after a dimming adjustment, it does work.

Pretty happy with the functionality!  Hopefully the app glitches get worked out in a future app or Almond firmware version.

On firmware R072.

Edit: Notice that while the dimming works as mentioned above, if you leave the interface page/webpage/android app and come back in, the dimming status always reports 99% rather than the actual dimmed value.

Edit2: From the app I'm seeing toggle updates not be taken properly on the first try.  A repeat of the off/on command a second time gets it right.  Don't know why I wasn't seeing this before.  Other users report it also.  Seems to only happen upon first entering the app.  After a successful toggle, then subsequent toggles while not leaving the app work fine.  Web and LCD interface behavior seem ok for toggling.  LCD interface slider always reports 99% even when being slid and adjusted to something else.

Johnny
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:21:39 am by johnnyprivate »

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2015, 08:50:12 pm »
R76 - CREE Bulb is suffering the same issues as the GE Link A19 bulb.

It will pair, you can turn it off, you can use the dimmer control to turn it back on.
Sensor status is incorrect in the Android and IOS App. On/Off doesn't report correctly.
Web interface doesn't support slider.

Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.