bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Android Widget?  (Read 25689 times)

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Android Widget?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 12:20:16 pm »
I noticed it did not have many downloads or ratings. Who knows, maybe Securifi would build one into their app or come to you to discuss incorporating yours (to save some time/effort on developing it).

I am still thinking on it... Busy as always though so it slips my mind.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline j8048188

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2015, 01:14:07 am »
Does anyone else keep getting an invalid WebSockets error? It happens on 2 different android devices. Running R072aw.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2015, 11:11:25 am »
Does anyone else keep getting an invalid WebSockets error? It happens on 2 different android devices. Running R072aw.

Looks like both are Nexus devices (4,5). I will update the description until it is resolved, and contact you off-forum.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2015, 02:08:05 pm »
Tested with R076.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2015, 02:17:23 pm »
Just this week for the first time I was able to use the luci web interface to adjust a light level more than once without hang/timeouts...

Next time I tried that (before upgrading to R076), luci was back to the old behavior. After R076, luci on/off/dimmer doesn't work reliably, if at all. The sliders won't move. On/Off seems to do something occasionally, but not reliably.

My 'local' app works with R076, at the same time.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2015, 09:45:02 pm »
I'm interested in this effort and would support it but at this point I am extremely concerned about the overall support from Securifi wrt A+.

Should this change, issues with Realtek/OpenWRT improve, Apps stabilize, things like light bulbs don't break with a major firmware release, then yes, it would be worth the effort.

For now, imho, it's a wait and see. Which is pretty much what I have been doing for 2 years, sadly.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2015, 11:07:50 pm »
Tested with R079. With default timing setting, 4 lamps on/off/level adjusted in less than 1 second.
Present release *only* supports WeMo multilevel-switch lamps. This will be expanded in an upcoming release.

It *may* work for other (non-WeMo) lamps; the issue discovered is that some dimmable lamps/devices are MultiLevelSwitch *only*, while some like the WeMo are MultiLevelSwitchOnOff. Despite the name, MultiLevelSwitch devices do not have have Binary Switch on/off states. I'll need to make a corresponding change in the App/Widget software.

I'll also be adding in generic support for Switch Binary, which will allow use of non-energy and energy-monitor-enabled 'switches' aka switched outlets and the like. Because, you may use them with lamps. And I now have a few ;-)

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2015, 11:16:30 pm »
Purchased, installed, working.

Almond Plus - R76
Moto X - Gen 1 Android 4.4.4

GE Link A19 bulb
CREE Connected bulb

Have to use the 3x1, smallest widget

Cleaning up the setup/config will make life easier for generic users.
A screen based widget would be handy.

Nice and easy once you get the hang of it, slide the drawer, make a change.

Kickstarter Backer

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2015, 08:21:52 pm »
Purchased, installed, working.

Almond Plus - R76
Moto X - Gen 1 Android 4.4.4

GE Link A19 bulb
CREE Connected bulb

Have to use the 3x1, smallest widget

Cleaning up the setup/config will make life easier for generic users.
A screen based widget would be handy.

Nice and easy once you get the hang of it, slide the drawer, make a change.

You should have several widget choices, more than are available for the notification drawer.
There are some improvements afoot.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2015, 08:29:06 pm »
I have several choice, just saying the 3x1 is what works best for a Gen 1 Moto X.

There seems to be an issue with the screen saver not working if the drawer app is loaded.  Screen saver (display turns off after 15,30,1min etc of inactivity) does not work if the drawer is loaded. (not open)
Kickstarter Backer

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2015, 08:35:38 pm »
I have several choice, just saying the 3x1 is what works best for a Gen 1 Moto X.

What did you mean by: "A screen based widget would be handy." This sounds to mean that there are no screen/desktop widgets, which there are. Did you mean screen saver widget?

There seems to be an issue with the screen saver not working if the drawer app is loaded.  Screen saver (display turns off after 15,30,1min etc of inactivity) does not work if the drawer is loaded. (not open)

Thanks for that observation. My wife saw something like that occasionally on her Samsung Galaxy but wasn't able to provide helpful detail.

There are several settings for the notification priority and the non/clearable. Which are you using, and if you could please try some other combos that may help.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2015, 01:50:54 pm »
What did you mean by: "A screen based widget would be handy." This sounds to mean that there are no screen/desktop widgets, which there are. Did you mean screen saver widget?

On initial install, I did not have any widgets added to the widget section.
Uninstalled and reinstalled, widgets added.

I now have screen widgets and they are working as expected.

Call this one user error. I believe the original install was interrupted by me and created the issue.

Thanks for that observation. My wife saw something like that occasionally on her Samsung Galaxy but wasn't able to provide helpful detail.

There are several settings for the notification priority and the non/clearable. Which are you using, and if you could please try some other combos that may help.

I started doing a little testing and will get the details on what I am able to reproduce.

Updating my review on GooglePlay accordingly.

Nice job btw, I have a few thoughts about refinements and improvements but let me get the details on the screen saver not kicking in properly while drawer app is running first.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2015, 06:27:08 pm »
Time to fulfill an earlier promise, of supporting more device types: MultiLevelSwitch , BinarySwitch.
Essentially allows ability to arrange devices in a desired order/arrangement. Allows grouping of devices, by location.

In Play, as 0.99.30. Play has more description of the changes at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.the12lab.almond.app, as does http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/almond-lamp-controller-app-widget.49936/

Running R080 these days, not tested with earlier versions.

Tested with R079. With default timing setting, 4 lamps on/off/level adjusted in less than 1 second.
Present release *only* supports multilevel-switch lamps such as belkin wemo. This will be expanded in an upcoming release.

It *may* work for other (non-WeMo) lamps; the issue discovered is that some dimmable lamps/devices are MultiLevelSwitch *only*, while some like the WeMo are MultiLevelSwitchOnOff. Despite the name, MultiLevelSwitch devices do not have have Binary Switch on/off states. I'll need to make a corresponding change in the App/Widget software.

I'll also be adding in generic support for Switch Binary, which will allow use of non-energy and energy-monitor-enabled 'switches' aka switched outlets and the like. Because, you may use them with lamps. And I now have a few ;-)

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2015, 11:18:54 pm »
Has anyone tried this App with the Sep/Oct/Nov beta(s) ?
Feedback?

Thanks.

Offline chad.siegmann

• Backer
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2015, 02:21:54 pm »
Has anyone tried this App with the Sep/Oct/Nov beta(s) ?
Feedback?

Thanks.

I am planning to try this widget and I am also a beta tester so I will let you know. I had the September Beta firmware installed on the A+ until the LCD screen went bad on it, tried to upgrade to the Nov Beta thinking it would maybe fix it. Turns out it was a hardware issue that caused the screen to go. I am awaiting my new A+ which should arrive today and then I can upload the beta F/W again and give the widget a try.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck