Choose style:

Author Topic: Cooper Wiring Devices RF9540-NWS Aspire Dimmer Switch  (Read 5176 times)

Offline hilo90mhz

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Cooper Wiring Devices RF9540-NWS Aspire Dimmer Switch
« on: August 14, 2014, 08:04:53 pm »
Almond + connected to light switch but shows it as unsupported.

Can use the "get" button to get decimal values from the light switch. This only works on the router screen itself, I cannot ever connect or change any data with the web portal or the Android App.

The decimal data jumps around and it seems like the switch is sending out multiple bytes of data for different switch settings, but the almond+ does not know which one it is receiving because it does not natively support this switches commands. 

if Securifi can provides us users with a way to enter in the relevant details of Zwave devices we could take a HUGE load off of your shoulders with supporting the 100s of Z-wave enabled devices.

I have experience writing firmware and given the option would be able to decode the relevant received data if an actual terminal was given to read out the received bytes. Then if you have a framework to allow those variables to interact with a "switch class" or something.. Just an idea.

I don't even want to use the router as a "router" I may use it as an access point eventually, but the Zwave functionality is the main thing I want. I really prefer the app to work directly to the router, no cloud in between.

Cheers!

Offline senad

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Cooper Wiring Devices RF9540-NWS Aspire Dimmer Switch
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 12:42:15 am »
+1 for adding support for Cooper RF9540-NWS. I am trying to decide on the brand of wall dimmers and most of the comments I've seen so far makes me want to go with Cooper over Leviton. For one, Leviton has terrible tactile feedback. I don't mind waiting for Cooper to get added but I am afraid it may never be supported. What is the chance of it getting support in the near future considering it is among three most popular LED dimmers on the market?

LGNilsson

Re: Cooper Wiring Devices RF9540-NWS Aspire Dimmer Switch
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 12:51:10 am »
In-wall dimmers should be working now if you install the latest firmware. Note that you have to remove and re-add the dimmer before it'll work properly.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck