Choose style:

Author Topic: REAL ETA on shipping to early backers... and what are we getting!?  (Read 22301 times)

LGNilsson

Re: REAL ETA on shipping to early backers... and what are we getting!?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 08:54:58 pm »
It's not impossible to do what you're asking for, but it would require some quite complex routing tables. If you don't mind poking around in OpenWRT or the command line, you should be able to do this, but I'm not saying it'll be easy to do. We might add support for something like this in the future, but it won't be there at launch.

Vito

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 03:18:44 pm »
This is the current situation:

We've made a pilot run of boards, these are going out to the beta and developer backers in two batches, starting with the beta guys, as the SDK for the developers need a little bit more work, so the developer units won't be shipped until after Chinese New Year (manufacturing is done in Taiwan), but the beta units will go out before Chinese New Year.
These units will be slightly different from the final units and won't feature the same spit and polish in terms of the casing etc. as they're pre-production units.

My concern is around this point that was mentioned earlier.  While I did apply for a Developer account, I also see myself as a beta tester.  I have close to 100 devices that I'm currently using in my house, with my Vera 3 controller.  I absolutely require a period of time to test these devices, to ensure that I can continue to have a house that I can control.  I would rather not wait longer to receive a beta unit just due to the fact that I'm looking to develop a Windows Phone app against it.  I would like to begin testing this device sooner, rather than later - so that I have the opportunity to provide feedback to your team about issues that I find.

-Vito

LGNilsson

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2014, 06:07:04 am »
Please see your PM inbox.

Offline pete

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2014, 11:01:23 am »
Personally here looking forward to beta testing Almond +.

I am looking very much forward to see what you guys come up with.

[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline niclas

• Beta Testers
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2014, 11:27:52 am »
Got my Almond+ today, basic installation went very smooth, have a wireless network up and running, and two sensors connected, one at the front door (open/closed) and a movement sensor in another room. Still haven't had time to do any more testing, but happy to have it :)

LGNilsson

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2014, 12:30:55 pm »
Good to hear it arrived safely. Please check the beta forums for some additional information.

Offline pete

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2014, 12:46:33 pm »
GatorEye,

Curious if you are looking at some sort of conduit to your Homeseer server with the Almond +?
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline GatorEye

• Backer
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2014, 05:55:59 pm »
GatorEye,

Curious if you are looking at some sort of conduit to your Homeseer server with the Almond +?

I'm still running HS2 and haven't upgraded to HS3 yet. One of the things I was complaining about was lack of webservices support. Then someone provided a script to support web services in HS3 so that is what I'd go with if I went that route. HS3 was too long in coming out, still seems unstable, and the UI still doesn't look great. With a product like Almond+ providing an interface to everything Zwave and Zigbee that would cover most everything for me. The only thing left is replicating the speaker client functionality. At that point HS3 just becomes a glorified scheduler.

I like the ability to have my own UI, own mobile app, and not be dependent on someone else's cloud.  I think HS has a place if you are someone with a mix of various older technologies, but moving forward with things going the way of Zigbee/ZWave/BLE/WiFi I think something like Almond+ with their hardware ability to support these protocols holds more future in the long run. In the past year seeing all the new products that are coming out makes me believe that even more.

At some point I'm sure I'll install HS3, but right now I'm waiting on my Almond+.   :D

Offline pete

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 10:37:21 am »
Gatoreye,

Yup; here I want to be less cloud dependant or no cloud dependant. 

IE: playing with getting satellite weather maps directly from the NOAA satellites rather than the internet just because I can do it.

That said I do have Zigbee energy stuff right now and multiple Z-Wave networks that I play with but not really use. 

IE: For example relating to Z-Wave have the HS ZTroller, AeonStick, MiCasa, Leviton Z-Wave stuff   Plus base lighting here is UPB; but still have X10 and Insteon running.

I only have Zigbee energy stuff and want to see the Zigbee HA stuff now with the Almond +.

Please include me to test your "stuff" with the Almond + .
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:19:06 pm by pete »
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck