Choose style:

Author Topic: GE Lamp Module ZW3101  (Read 7285 times)

Offline pete

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
GE Lamp Module ZW3101
« on: March 23, 2014, 08:18:08 pm »
Paired a GE Lamp Module ZW3101 to the Almond +  - no issues
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline vhorsen

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: GE Lamp Module ZW3101
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:48:35 pm »
Installed one of these a few minutes ago. Worked perfectly immediately, however, once it was unplugged and moved 10 feet away, it no longer is functioning. Have restarted Almond+ with no results.

Still shows sensor paired and connected.

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 07:08:45 am »
That's seems unusually short range.
Can you remove and add it again and try again.
I have one that's a floor down and behind a microwave oven and it works just fine, albeit a bit slow to switch due to it's extremely poor location.

Offline vhorsen

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:03:19 pm »
Will try again this evening. Spent sometime last night fighting with this with no success. Removed it from A+ and then could not add it back, A+ could not find the device.

Offline vhorsen

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 01:12:57 pm »
Messing with these again. Two times we have added a brand new sensor, pairs fine with A+ and then once we move it it no longer works. Sensors removed through the almond no longer appear in the almond, however I do not believe they are properly being removed because they can not be paired back to it.

Today, opened a brand new sensor. Decided to pair from its final location to remove that factor from our test. Inserted sensor into plug, plugged lamp into sensor in the Zwave outlet. Initiated pairing on Almond+. Tapped button on sensor, A+ immediately sees sensor and begins adding it. Once A+ completes adding the sensor, we test powering the lamp off. Sensor is unresponsive. A few more tries, no response. Tried through both router UI and in web GUI. Reboot A+, still no response.

We now have three sensors that are no longer responding through the A+.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 10:52:37 pm »
To remove a Z-Wave sensor, go to Add Sensor, Remove, press the button on the sensor until you see it has been removed.

This is a really bizarre problem though. Which firmware are you on?

Also, if you managed to pair a sensor again, can you please go to Help, Send Log and send us a log and a short description of the issue in the text box provided.

Offline vhorsen

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 04:10:45 pm »
I sent several logs as I attempted to remove and reconnect devices.  I have 4 of these switches and I have now gotten all of them to work.  I should add, they respond to commands maybe 60% of the time.  I really can't figure it out since two are in the same room as the router (one 8 feet away and the other 15 feet away) and the other two are in the room below the router, almost directly under the router.  I can't figure out why at times they work and sometimes they don't.

But at least they work some, that's progress!

LGNilsson

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 01:56:35 am »
That's really weird, we have a bunch of those and we haven't seen any problems. In fact, it was one of the first sensors we got and added support for.

Offline vhorsen

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 12:59:05 am »
Now they respond maybe 10% of the time.  I can occasionally get the lamp to turn on, but then after about 20 attempts to have it turn off I finally just get up and do it.  I have a hard time believing 4 different sensors I bought are bad, could this be an issue with my unit?

Doesn't seem like it should be this hard.

Thanks!

LGNilsson

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 01:59:36 pm »
This might actually be a bug on our side. We discovered some issues today and hopefully that's what's causing your problems.
I would expect that to be solved by the next firmware release, so hopefully you can hold out for two weeks?

Offline czyzczyz

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 10:46:42 pm »
Did this problem get solved?

I ask because I just installed one of these things. It paired just fine, once I realized that I first had to execute the counterintuitive step of deleting the sensor from the Almond+.
Once paired, I moved it to its final location and hooked it to a light.

It seemed to only respond to about 20% of attempts to dim or brighten the light, and when it did work the Almond+ iOS app would still sit there waiting a bit and would then report that it couldn't update the sensor (which was the same error it would display when it actually couldn't update the sensor). I tried using the switch closer to the router to see if range was the issue and had the same issue, but it's possible that it was still too far. But it did seem very odd that sometimes the switch would respond to my command even though the Almond+ app said it wasn't able to update the sensor.

On a different note -- does it strike anyone else as weird that on the Router's LCD, the interface for this switch includes both a dimmer and on/off buttons, but in the router's web UI and in the iOS app only a dimmer slider is available? Most of the time I plan to toggle the switch completely on or off, so would like to have a binary toggle in addition to the slider.

I'm on R070 firmware and am running the latest iOS app. I think I only have one other z-wave device on my network, so I don't have much of a mesh going.

As an aside, it'd be nice if the Almond+ router's admin web page would list the protocol used by each sensors, not just their name and type. It'd be nice to look at the list and know what's zigbee, what's z-wave, etc. Not essential, but it'd be nice.

LGNilsson

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 07:48:43 am »
In the web UI and in the apps, the button is the icon on the left if that wasn't clear. It's an on/off toggle.

We've made a bunch of Z-Wave improvements since August, but I can't speak to specifics to this product. I haven't had any problems with other things like this, so not sure what's going on.

We've tried to keep things "simple" in the UI's as it really shouldn't matter what type of protocol the sensors use, but I'll see if we can do something under the "Edit" button maybe.

Offline czyzczyz

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 02:42:14 pm »
Thanks for the info Lars.

I'll be adding a few z-wave outlets in the next couple of weeks, so with any luck those will set up their mesh network a bit better and rule out connection issues.

Is there any documentation or even a simple list of commands/functions available for the Almond+'s 'twirp' websocket? Maybe all the info I could want on the sensors is available from there? My node-red experimentation is on hold this week due to work, but I plan to play with that more when I've got time.

Thanks.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck