Choose style:

Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 4281 times)

Offline Winzey79

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hello all
« on: January 18, 2015, 09:38:32 am »
Hey guys - a new A+ user just checking in to say hello. I got the shipping notification on my pre-order and looking forward to getting the device early this week. I've got a couple of connected bulbs and lamp modules and looking to use them to start my HA setup. I also have a Yale door lock and a ZWave contact model coming via Amazon to add in more convenience. I've been lurking for a while, but looking forward to being actively engaged in this community. I think it's great that there's a lot of informed users here and that Lars and the Securifi team seem to be really engaged as well.

While I am still a HA newbie, I do have one question as it pertains to the A+. I installed a Honeywell WiFi thermostat http://www.homedepot.com/p/Honeywell-Wi-Fi-Programmable-Touchscreen-Thermostat-Free-App-RTH8580WF/203356032 about a year ago, but it's the Wifi only version and not the one with a ZWave radio. If a device like this connects through the A+ router, but not through ZWave, will I be able to control it through the A+ Android software? Or will I still have to use the separate Honeywell app?

Appreciate any thoughts and perspective and look forward to being part of the community.

LGNilsson

Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 10:20:32 am »
For now, you'll have to rely on their app.
That said, we're looking at the possibility of adding support for Wi-Fi thermostats, I just can't say when that'll happen.
I'd guess that the Nest will be first on the list, but most likely not the only product.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck