bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Issues with the SZ-DWS02 - battery and tamper  (Read 6009 times)

Offline prlj13

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Issues with the SZ-DWS02 - battery and tamper
« on: January 18, 2015, 12:01:48 pm »
I just took my SZ-DWS02 (door/window sensor, http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=Securifi_SZ-DWS02) out of the box and installed it.  It joined with my Almond+ no problem.  However, now after 40hrs it's reporting battery low.  Is anyone else using this sensor?  The battery life is supposed to be 2-4 years, with 50 triggers/day.  We've opened the door under 20 times, so there's no way it has been over used.

I'm using the battery that it came with.

From the start, the tamper sensor has been reporting that it has been tampered with.  However it's in the case.  I've also manually pressed the tamper sensor in and it is still reporting being tampered with.  I'm seeing the tamper flag in the JSON when looking at the Almond+ sensor page since it's not actually displayed on the page.

I have two other sensors connected, a flood sensor and a switch, and they're reporting everything properly.

Thanks.

Offline rpr69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Issues with the SZ-DWS02 - battery and tamper
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 04:27:32 pm »
Many of us have had very quick battery failures with the pre-order Securifi sensors. I had one that was DOA, and one that only lasted a week or so. CAn't answer the tamper part, but I would guess you have a bad battery.

Offline prlj13

• Acorn
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 07:22:41 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.  I replaced the battery, which fixed the low battery warning.  I guess they shipped cheap batteries with the sensors.

The battery didn't fix the tamper problem unfortunately, hopefully securifi will replace the faulty sensor.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 10:23:14 pm »
You have to reset the tamper status manually, either in the LCD UI, the web UI or the app.
This goes for all sensors with a tamper switch, since you "tampered" it when you opened it to insert the batter.

Offline prlj13

• Acorn
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 09:59:44 am »
Thanks, that fixed it.

I didn't realize it was a sticky flag that needs to be cleared by a person.  It does make sense to design it that way.  A notification in the UI would be useful though.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 01:03:34 am »
Notifications are coming, it's just taken much longer than we anticipated to get it done.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck