bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Schlage BE469  (Read 10599 times)

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Schlage BE469
« on: January 19, 2015, 10:23:57 am »
I noticed that where the Schlage 369 lock is supported, the 469 is not on the list. I paired 1 of mine up yesterday and while it paired no problem and showed on the UI and in app, it did not show the proper lock/unlock state.
 I tried messing around with the user/pin settings, (wrongfully) assuming that this was for entering individual user's lock codes, to notify/record who opened the door. We use all 4 digit codes and the UI claims to need a 5 digit pin. Since the BE469 allows for 4, 6 or 8 digit access codes having a 5 digit PIN is not an option.

I know that there is no way to give me a specific timeline, but since the 468 replaced the 368 a couple years ago,I assume that it will be added to the list at some point.

Offline rherring

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Schlage BE469
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 03:53:39 pm »
I have this same lock in Satin Nickel and the Camelot style. I was able to connect to mine and set up 5 user codes through the app... all of which were 4 digits long.

Sometimes I get an incorrect reading on whether it's locked or not, and I haven't explored the feature of being notified if a user enters the door using a specific code, but other than that... mine seems to be working just fine.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 04:50:15 pm »
Did you already have the locks all programmed, or did you reset them and use A+ to program in the lock codes ? I didn't play with it for too long. Since I have TCP connected lights, I really couldn't do a whole lot since I can't link the TCB hub to the A+ (yet) .
 I just linked the lock back to the Wink hub ( go ahead and laugh it up ), so I could have the lights come on/off with the locks.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 11:54:54 pm »
Did you update to the latest beta firmware? The software team has made a lot of improvements to the locks and there were some odd issues at one point.

We've had some issues with some locks and we're working with the lock guys to add better support, as we're aware that these are things that just aren't allowed to fail.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 09:03:07 am »
Yes, I put in the latest beat firmware before I started playing with anything HA.  The 1 lock I tried connected no problem, and displayed as a lock on UI. It just wasn't showing the proper state of lock/unlock. Then I got stuck when it asked for user and pin. I assumed it meant the users we already have programmed into the lock. I went to start entering our lock codes and it gave me an error that pin must be 5 digits. So obviously the pin asked for in the app is not our lock codes. I didn't have time to play around with it too much ,so I just removed it from A+ and reassigned it back to my other hub.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 09:48:11 am »
Odd, although I have to admit I don't have a Schlage lock in the office, both the Danalock (which doesn't quite support codes yet) and the Yale I've been playing with, both accept 4 digit codes...

I'll have to have a chat with the software team to see what's going on tomorrow.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 11:28:12 am »
I openly and publicly admit that I may have misunderstood what the app was looking for when it asked for user PIN.  I just assumed user #1 pin was where I would put in my lock code, user #2 pin would be the wife's etc.
The good thing is that so long as I was playing with the locks I did finally delete the visiting nurses' codes from the lock. The FIL died last year and I had not gotten around to digging out the book to find the programming code since.

LGNilsson

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 01:33:21 am »
The user PIN should be the pin codes in the lock, but I'm not sure if we can read already programmed codes or not, I'm going to have to try that, as I've honestly not fiddled too much with it.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 11:32:28 am »
I've got some time today, so I'm going to go to big orange and pick up a few of the GE wink bulbs. That way I can actually have something to play with (since the TCP bulbs/hub I have are not supported). Then I will play with the lock some more, when I have something to trigger it with. 

From what everybody is saying I probably can't add current lock codes to the A+. I might just do a full reset on the lock and then add the codes again through A+ and see if that works.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 05:58:29 pm »
Still no love. The Leviton DZMX1 and the Wink bulbs all linked and are working perfect, but I have linked/unlinked the Schlage BE469 multiple times, and even tried doing a complete reset from the lock touchpad. It will link without issue, but doesn't read the proper state, and if I try to lock or unlock it from the app, web UI or A+ screen it just hangs on "processing"

LGNilsson

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 10:24:30 pm »
Well, our software team has one now and they'll be working on getting it to behave properly, but it'll most likely be a couple a firmware release or two out.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 10:09:06 am »
Well, our software team has one now and they'll be working on getting it to behave properly, but it'll most likely be a couple a firmware release or two out.

Ya, I wound up calling support last night when A+ froze up while saving rules ( I will say it was strange, yet reassuring that the same person that called me last week answered my call and remembered our previous conversation )  We talked about the 469 while I had him on the line . It seems that at this point 469 is a crapshoot. Some work perfectly and others don't register at all. I am now wondering if it could be a firmware issue in the locks themselves. Depending on what firmware your lock has will depend on whether it works. Not that I know how to check or update the firmware on the locks, or if it is even possible.

Offline sykocus

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 05:52:35 am »
Ya, I wound up calling support last night when A+ froze up while saving rules ( I will say it was strange, yet reassuring that the same person that called me last week answered my call and remembered our previous conversation )  We talked about the 469 while I had him on the line . It seems that at this point 469 is a crapshoot. Some work perfectly and others don't register at all. I am now wondering if it could be a firmware issue in the locks themselves. Depending on what firmware your lock has will depend on whether it works. Not that I know how to check or update the firmware on the locks, or if it is even possible.

There is another thread about the BE469, (http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,1352.0.html) but you pretty much summed it up with "crapshoot". The firmware is printed on a sticker on the inside face of the inside part of the lock. I.e. you need to take the inside half of the lock off and turn it around to see it. There were firmware issues with vera lite users up to ver 5.7 it seems. Also from what I've gathered is that you need the iris hub to update the firmware or you can send it off to schlage and they can update it.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 10:30:11 am »
Both our locks have 5.8, so I guess that solves that mystery. Thanks for the info. So far I have never gotten past the always shown as unlocked state.

I played with it for about an hour, pairing unpairing dozens of time, using web UI ( as recommended in the other thread) and touchscreen to test and got nowhere. I guess I crapped out and will just have to wait until they release an update. Maybe I'll just invest in a couple door sensors for now, to turn hall lights on/off with door until we can get the locks straightened out.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:30:24 pm by rldreams »

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 23 queries.

bottleneck