bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: "Association Failed" with GE Link Bulbs  (Read 2768 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kazy

  • Backer
  • *
  • Posts: 50
  • Thanks: 0
  • Registered : 19/07/2014
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
"Association Failed" with GE Link Bulbs
« on: January 19, 2015, 11:49:50 pm »
Both my GE Link bulbs worked fine before I went to visit my family (was gone for a few weeks).

When I got back, I found one of my bulbs was non-responsive (other one worked fine), so I tried resetting it and re-pairing it to the Almond+, only to get an "Association Failed" every time. Happened on both R69 and the latest beta.

I've tried removing all sensors and re-pairing, but now I've just got two bulbs that won't connect. :( It gets to "Getting Sensor Information" before "Association Failed", but never gets beyond that. I've gotten it all to work fine before, so I don't know why it just suddenly quit on me.

e: Got ONE of them to pair, but no matter what I do the other one isn't pairing again. It's a huge hassle to reset the Link (well not really, just time consuming to have to do it EVERY TIME) and this is really frustrating, I'm ready to throw my A+ against the wall.

e2: I mean, it'd be one thing if it could tell me WHY it failed, but the message "Association Failed" when it worked fine before is infuriating.

e3: Did the "Remove All Sensors" again, and now it seems my A+ won't even begin trying to add (either of) the bulbs. I'm going to try again in the morning.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:43:27 am by Kazy »

LGNilsson

  • Guest
Re: "Association Failed" with GE Link Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 12:55:25 am »
Can you please send logs so our software team can have a look at what's going on?
Help, Send Logs in the LCD UI.
Please do this after the bulb has failed to pair.

Offline Kazy

  • Backer
  • *
  • Posts: 50
  • Thanks: 0
  • Registered : 19/07/2014
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: "Association Failed" with GE Link Bulbs
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 12:35:42 pm »
One of the bulbs managed to pair when I was trying to send logs, but the other failed so I sent the logs after that one failed.

Offline Kazy

  • Backer
  • *
  • Posts: 50
  • Thanks: 0
  • Registered : 19/07/2014
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: "Association Failed" with GE Link Bulbs
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 02:44:45 am »
Was finally able to get the other bulb connected. Still need to reconnect my outlet switch, but hopefully that will go more smoothly.

LGNilsson

  • Guest
Re: "Association Failed" with GE Link Bulbs
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 03:05:29 am »
They're looking into what's going on, hopefully we'll have a fix for this soon.

Offline battags

  • Backer
  • *
  • Posts: 26
  • Thanks: 0
  • Registered : 08/08/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: "Association Failed" with GE Link Bulbs
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 01:02:49 am »
I just tried to do this (R80 firmware) and I'm encountering the same issue.  Is the solution to just keep re-trying?  Its rather annoying as I seem to have to reset the bulb each time.

Offline SecureComp

  • Backer
  • *
  • Posts: 541
  • Thanks: 1
  • Registered : 05/08/2014
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: "Association Failed" with GE Link Bulbs
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 01:39:43 am »
Have been using Link bulbs for many months without issue.

Did have to re associate a couple after a brown out, deleted and re-added, worked without an issue.

What exactly are you experiencing? Trouble re-associating or losing the association on a regular basis?
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline battags

  • Backer
  • *
  • Posts: 26
  • Thanks: 0
  • Registered : 08/08/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: "Association Failed" with GE Link Bulbs
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 09:44:34 am »
Hi --thanks for the reply.  I was seeing the original issue in the thread such that attempting to pair them resulted in "Association Failed".  I tried it yesterday in a different light fixture and it associated correctly.  Could be a coincidence that it worked after I switched but they seem okay for now (once I also realized my router was in UTC time which was why my rules executed at weird times :-))

 

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.