Choose style:

Author Topic: No Internet connection to PC via Ethernet cable  (Read 5085 times)

Offline McRod

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
No Internet connection to PC via Ethernet cable
« on: January 11, 2014, 03:17:46 pm »
Hello all.  I just received and set up my almond as a  range extender.  I'm connected to my neighbors router via wifi. Our tablets connect with no problems. Our PC is connected to the almond via Ethernet cable.  The PC shows an excellent strength internet connection but will not load any Websites. I'm very new to this. I  must be missing a step in the configuration setup process. 

Do I need to change the wifi networks name in the Almond to the same as the router  (Remove the word "Almond" from the name ) in order for it to work on the PC?

Essoh

Re: No Internet connection to PC via Ethernet cable
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 07:51:57 pm »
I would like to ask some questions:
- Are the tablets connected to Almond wifi (....._almond)?
- Is there any light on the Almond port connected to the ethernet cable which is connected to the PC?
- On the PC, does the network icon (which is like a small tv ) show a yellow triangle or a red cross when connected via ethernet to Almond ports?

This will help having a clear vision of the problem?

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:57:11 pm by Essoh »

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 05:36:17 am »
Hello all.  I just received and set up my almond as a  range extender.  I'm connected to my neighbors router via wifi. Our tablets connect with no problems. Our PC is connected to the almond via Ethernet cable.  The PC shows an excellent strength internet connection but will not load any Websites. I'm very new to this. I  must be missing a step in the configuration setup process. 

Do I need to change the wifi networks name in the Almond to the same as the router  (Remove the word "Almond" from the name ) in order for it to work on the PC?

I'm afraid we need more information to help you:

• Have you restarted your PC since setting up the Range Extender?
  • Which Web Browser?
  • What Operating System is on PC?
  • What is the IP address of the PC?
  • Does the PC set it's IP address by DHCP,  or did you give it a static IP address? 
  • What is the IP address of the Almond?  (Check the Status screen on the TouchUI)

Please provide this information.
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Offline McRod

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 09:15:57 am »
Ok ...so I figured it out. While investigating the answers to your questions I discovered that somehow my pc's NIC card was disabled. Once I enabled it everything  worked fine.  Thanks for responding so quickly.

Essoh

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 11:31:46 am »
Happy to hear that.
You are welcome. :)

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.