Choose style:

Author Topic: Make dimmer settings sticky - i.e so that they remain after an on/off cycle.  (Read 1704 times)

Offline sfalc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
It would be nice if the dimmer settings where persistent over an on/off cycle. Currently, the dimmer settings goes back to maximum brightness if one turns of the light. Normally, at least for me, if have a dimmed setting of say 50%, I would like the light to automatically return to 50% when I turn it back on.
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
My dimmable LED's do this. They stay where they were set to when controlled by the apps / LCD. I don't know about dimmer switches, that may be programmed into the switch itself as most have a manual way to dim and may require that control in order to set it to a starting point. I have the wink bulbs.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
Do not try to put rules for the GE Link bulbs though with .69cb. While it will not harm them all they can do is set the bulb to 0% dim. They will appear off. They are NOT off, but they look like it.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline sfalc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Well, my problem/request is to implement this with dimmer switches (plug-in type) that do not remember the settings over an on/off cycle.

To my knowledge neither does the dimmable WeMo zigbee LED-light, it only remembers the settings if you turn them off using the Almond+. When I do a proper power-cycle using the light-switch in the wall, it returns on with maximum brightness. I would imagine that the other zigbee LED-lights behave in a similar manner.

I would imagine that a proper implementation would require the Almond+ system to query the brightness settings from the user, when the LED-light or dimmer switch comes back "online" after the power cycle.
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

LGNilsson

We're working on this, it'll just take some time to get it right, but expect it in a firmware or two.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
Sfalc, now I understand. Looks like Lars and the team are already onto it.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.