Choose style:

Author Topic: Action item suggestion  (Read 3314 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Action item suggestion
« on: January 22, 2015, 09:38:09 am »
It would be great if in the rules, there was an action that could return a particular sensor or sensors to their previous state. Example: if my front door sensor is tripped, it flashes the light in my living room. But if I had the light on before the sensor was tripped I would like it to return to on, if the light was off before the sensor was tripped it should return to off. It seems it would make sense that you could do this for each sensor individually in the rule or for all sensors. I imagine that a small yes or no box on each action could suffice, it would say something like return to previous state (before the action began) and you could select yes or no or add a full separate action that allows you to do so.

Offline eldaria

• Kickstarter Developer
Re: Action item suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 10:24:40 am »
Hmm, ok so I tried to do this by also detecting what status the Lamp had.

Rule 1
IF sensor1 true AND Light1 false THEN.
Light1 true
Wait 2 seconds
Light1 false

Rule 2
IF sensor1 true AND Light1 true THEN
Light1 false
Wait 2 seconds
Light1 true

I could however not get this to work correctly as It would need some kind of extra "Stop processing" action as the lamp was blinking for as long as the sensor1 was true.
This since one rule triggers the other when the lamp changes state.

Another option would be that instead of having only a true or false criteria for a sensor one could detect a change instead.

Offline AlanLawton

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 11:53:21 am »
I tried using 2 rules to do this.  My light got permanently stuck on.  I had to delete the rules and reboot the router before I could shut them off through the almond. YMMV.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 11:58:12 am »
Yeah that's why I was thinking an actual action item would be the best as opposed to a series of rules and changes, PLUS way simpler for users. It could identify the current state, complete its set of actions, return it to the original (pre-actions) state.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck