Choose style:

Author Topic: Port Forwarding for Radmin  (Read 9993 times)

Offline JERIC

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Port Forwarding for Radmin
« on: January 22, 2015, 07:40:06 pm »
I'm trying to remote into my PC but the port forwarding seems to be not working.

I have confirmed that Window Firewall allows the program through.

I can remote in via local IP or hostname but when I use the external IP it just times out.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Port Forwarding for Radmin
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 09:14:16 pm »
There is a enablement option at the touchscreen of the router. Did you enable port 80 to be allowed on the WAN or did you just set it up as a port forward?
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline eldaria

• Kickstarter Developer
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 07:23:02 am »
I'm 99% sure you did not configure something correct.

I have multiple port forwards enabled, including SSH, multiple Minecraft servers, SIP ports, Web servers, etc.

Make sure you pick the correct option for UDP/TCP, make sure you set up a reservation for the IP of the host you want to connect to on the LAN, and lastly, remember you can usually not connect out and back in through the same connection, so don't do the testing of the external connection from the same network as where you remote machine is.

Offline JERIC

• Acorn
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 05:52:38 pm »
There is a enablement option at the touchscreen of the router. Did you enable port 80 to be allowed on the WAN or did you just set it up as a port forward?
I don't see an option at the touchscreen.

Offline JERIC

• Acorn
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 05:59:03 pm »
I'm 99% sure you did not configure something correct.

I have multiple port forwards enabled, including SSH, multiple Minecraft servers, SIP ports, Web servers, etc.

Make sure you pick the correct option for UDP/TCP, make sure you set up a reservation for the IP of the host you want to connect to on the LAN, and lastly, remember you can usually not connect out and back in through the same connection, so don't do the testing of the external connection from the same network as where you remote machine is.

I had it on TCP & UDP so I switched it to just TCP and the same thing.  The testing doesn't matter if I do it from an external connection or from the same network.  External IP address does not work, but internal does.

Also, why is there no DCHP reservation?  My internal IP keeps changing.  Not very convenient if you have rules in place then your IP changes.

And why can you edit any of the forwarding rules?  You have to delete then add it back.  Another nuisance.

Offline dmwyatt

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 06:44:28 pm »
I have two port forwards set up - one for a Calibre server and the other RDP. It worked normally and with port translation for security purposes. 

Offline JERIC

• Acorn
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 02:57:07 pm »
I'm glad it works for you but that doesn't cure my problem.  Can anyone offer some guidance?  Is it possible it is being blocked by ISP?  Is there another way to test port forwarding?  Can anyone answer my questions above about the dynamic internal IPs as well?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 03:54:23 pm »
You can add a static lease so that the particular MAC address will always receive the same IP. I did all of mine in the OpenWRT section originally but it is in the basic LUCI webpage section, just select the Network block and scroll down.

As for checking port forwarding... Forward something else you know of to a port you are interested in. For example, I have an Arduino with an Ethernet card I could check. Forward port 80 from it's IP to port 8080 externally. Or some similar thing just to try it out. I will say that I have multiple port forwards set up due to a pico cell I have in the network and various other networked equipment I want access to outside. All of those have been working just fine for multiple versions of software.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 03:54:50 pm »
You can test with a port forward website. I just google it because I can never remember the name. Yes ISPs will block certain ports and in some cases all forwarding until you call them. Are you referring to the Almond+ ip address changing or the ip addresses for the devices connected to it? I usually set up my devices to request a specific ip address as opposed to telling my dhcp server to assign a specific one. I have had more success that way in general with most dhcp servers. I'd give that a try if you can.

Offline JERIC

• Acorn
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 05:52:06 pm »
Thanks for the help, but I noticed that I have the Almond and not the Almond+ modem.  Could that be why there are these limitations?

Offline JERIC

• Acorn
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 06:27:34 pm »
I don't understand why anybody likes these modems.  The metro UI is horrible and it can't even perform simple tasks.  When I reboot the modem now there are no DHCP clients even though I'm typing this from one.  You can't modify rules, you have to delete then create.  Nothing works on this like it should, but it has a pretty LCD screen.  I'm over it.

LGNilsson

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 09:18:48 pm »
Did you try contacting our support team? http://securifi.com/support

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck