Choose style:

Author Topic: My List of Working and Not Working Sensors  (Read 5613 times)

Offline jnowland

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
My List of Working and Not Working Sensors
« on: January 23, 2015, 08:55:15 am »
Below is what I have installed and is working with my Almond+.  Note that I have installed the beta firmware.

WORKS
GE Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control 3-Way Dimmer Kit (includes 45610 Aux switch and 45610 Z-wave switch) - 45613
GE Link, Wireless A19 Smart LED Bulb - PSB19-SW27
Linear Z-Wave 500-watt Wall Mount Dimmer Switch - WD500Z-1
Securifi Peanut Plug

DOES NOT WORK
Linear Z-Wave 3-Way Wall Dimmer Switch - WT00Z1
Aeon Labs Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch - DSC06106-ZWUS
Aeon Labs Z-Wave Minimote - DSA03202 v1

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: My List of Working and Not Working Sensors
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 10:01:35 am »
How different is the Linear WT00Z1 from the WD500Z-1? In your experience I mean, since I could look up the stats between the two.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 10:10:11 am »
Nevermind... I thought it was a separate control but it is just an accessory switch. At first I thought it was a distinct different switch for 3 way control... My mistake.

Offline jnowland

• Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 10:17:55 am »
Fillibar,
No worries.  I was really disapointed with the WT00Z-1, but since there was a "traveler" wire already wired in from my old 3-way switch, I went with the GE/JASCO model.  I wanted the WT00Z-1 because the Linear switches work with LED bulbs and the GE/JASCO dimmers do not.  This particular light fixture has incondescent bulbs, so I said what the heck.  I then used the WD500 in my bedroom and returned the WT00Z-1.  Unrfunately the bedroom light fixture is a ceiling fan with a remote already therefore, the switch only turns the light on and off with no dimming.  I could take the ceiling fan remote control box out of the fan, but then I wouldn't have remote operation of the fan itself.  The fan wires were not run down to the switch to enable seprate fan/light control.  Whew..... I think you have to be a tech geek type to deal with this stuff.  I love it, but of course my wife doesn't always support the amount of work that has gone into this    :o  lol

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 11:16:02 am »
I get you. My wife wanted a ceiling fan last summer so while I was in the attic I ran it with separate light and fan wires. I also pre-wired my kids bedrooms "just in case", which turned out to be a good idea as my eldest got a light/fan as a present. Anyways, my wife went and got a fan... That uses one of those remote modules. All the switch can do is turn the whole thing on/off... Oh well. I replaced the switches for my kids lights with WD500s though. So far so good.

Offline jnowland

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 11:25:30 am »
Fillibar,
I swear that if I didn't know any better that I had a cloan out there. HaHa  Seriously, I am thinking of using my final 2 Linear switches I bought in a 4 pack for my kids' rooms.  I try and get home early every day so I can shut the power off and mess around with these darn things.  When I forget to re-set my wife's alarm clock after turning the power back on, she condescendingly asks if I installed yet more switches, as she rolls her eyes of course.  lol  Thanks for the feedback.  All I need now is a way to control both my exterior and interior LED light strips.  They use those small flat RF remotes, so it would be nice to find a sort of learning controller that could be added to my z-wave network.  Hmmm, sounds like a million dollar idea!  8)

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 11:34:00 am »
Not sure it is what you are looking for, but Fibaro has an RGBW controller with Z-Wave. Not sure it would be supported (or if) but I was looking to find one cheap. Right now I control mine using an Arduino setup I made. Had 9 running as a Christmas display.

I also found that there is some sort of ZigBee RGB-W strip controller. Amazon has them listed as ~$80. Supposedly a Hue hub can control them (or another ZigBee controller). Found it when searching for ZigBee RGB Light.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:07:54 pm by fillibar »

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.